Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Gary's Personal Performance

Posted by TITrader 
Gary's Personal Performance
August 03, 2019 01:39AM
Hi I have gone through most of Gary's courses. I would like to ask if anyone has ever personally seen or heard of Gary's showing his actually performance by either statements or another verifiable method? Specifically his performance in the trading leg, or derivates of the trading leg. I am not talking about cherry picked trade examples, but real verified performance over months or years? I am not trying to be rude, I am just curious if anyone has personally seen it or has heard from a trusted person.

Here are some metrics I have heard Gary specifically say people that are very proficient in the market should achieve.

1) 5-10 Trades per month in the trading leg with 80%-100% accuracy and 20%-100% account gains per month.
2) NDX leg : $5-9 Million per year profit in the 1.5 million NDX leg
3) $20 Million per year profit after taxes (Gary mentioned that a very mediocre traders would make $500,000 per year and an excellent trader should make $20 Million + after taxes)

I would also like to ask if anyone knows or is a student that has come near to matching any of these metrics.

Thank you very much
Re: Gary's Personal Performance
August 03, 2019 03:44PM
Nope!!!

As far as I know he's never shared anything like that, and probably never will. Then again, if it were me I probably wouldn't either.

He will however, be happy to show you around his really large estate and amazing house. I suppose one could argue that his home is proof enough of his trading and investment skills.

On that note though, one could also argue that his students paid for most of it with the ridiculous prices that he charges for every little thing. He probably has more than 300 groupies, and probably 2000 or more students. That right there is more than enough to make a good living on.
It does seem possible that his results could be mediocre and his students make up the rest. For myself I have to assume that he's for real, but one never really knows for sure.

Now it seems he operates like a lawyer with his billing. Heck the Webinars just went up to $120 for 1.5 hours. Go figure...
August 03, 2019 11:58PM
Yes interesting.

I do assume he makes several million dollars per year teaching. Also 30+ years of mediocre trading and long term investment in the stock market (vault) can produce substantial wealth.

I also don't think I would show my account balances if I were him, but I would show my actually trades I took and my performance. If I took 10 trades, then I would show my students the trades I took (wins and losses).

I am not saying Gary is not as good of a trader as he describes in his courses (in fact I really really really want him to be as good as he says), but it would be nice to see some concrete or semi concrete proof. To go through all his courses, travel expenses, webinars, alchem, and other stuff etc people can spend a substantial amount of money, $20K+.

You wouldn't want to go learn from a martial arts master who refused to show you his fighting skills in real combat, but will only show you in the controlled venue of his students Dojo. Gary talks about baking his cake, but I would really like to see the cake upfront (not just the house).

If anyone has any insight, please do share.
August 05, 2019 01:59PM
When S/O and I took GW's class in 2004 he had a program whereby if you brought in one person your next set of classes were free. Half of the class would be new and the other half retakes. As for you asking if anyone "has ever personally seen or heard of Gary's showing his actual performance by either statements or another verifiable method?" Yes S/O and I know of someone personally. Going back to the program GW had of 1 free year for every person you bring, he also had a thing whereby whoever brought the most people would get to go to his house and watch him trade. This is what I recall because the person who spoke with us about taking these classes won. He went. What would anyone get out of watching someone else trade? ZERO other than to verify that person actually trades.

Has GW made big $'s teaching how he trades? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Why don't I? Because what he taught S/O and I works and since it works I know GW has first hand knowledge by doing what he teaches. Has he made more trading or teaching I really don't care but the question begs an answer I suppose: So my answer would be: how could GW teach anything new if he hadn't test driven it first?

I believe GW trades. Why? Not because he has a big house etc. but because you get hooked! And that is the reason I think he teaches and trades. He is hooked.
August 06, 2019 04:53AM
Hi Darcy! Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I also am pretty certain Gary trades or has traded (maybe now trades significantly less frequent). I am just curious about his level of accuracy and performance. Not even so much the $ dollar amount of his accounts, but the win loss % month over month.

When you say you know someone that watched him trade, did they tell you anything about it? Did they see him trade over many days, weeks? How many trades, and did they mention the results?

I respectfully disagree with you that you would learn zero from watching Gary or anyone trade live. Reviewing trades that have already printed is completely different than trading in real time as the chart is live and unfolding. It is easy to chart read (entry, middle, exit) a trade that has already printed. Trading live can be significantly different. At least in my opinion.

Thank you very very much for your reply!
Dan
August 06, 2019 10:59AM
It would be nice to see Gary's documented trading results, but it's not critical. Maybe some of the most successful students would be willing to share their results here, in detail, over an entire calendar year. Darcy has been kind enough to share very detailed information surrounding her and her S/O's trades. I'm speaking as someone who has not attended a live class since RTP/DE in 2007 (so what's the NDX leg?). Over the years I have seen everything but one technique Gary used back then in various places around the internet. I've also seen a fair amount of information that led to me say - "so that's why he taught that technique like that." I've really never found anything wrong with the information he provides, but it takes so much effort and dedication to get really good to the point where it does become an art. 10,000 reps to achieve mastery is a commonly quoted data point. I believe it. You never stop learning to hone your trading/investing skills.

As to results, I'm not going to provide details, but Gary bought a rather expensive residence and surrounding property well before he would have become wealthy teaching his courses. So yes, he made a lot of money trading. Does he still make most of his money trading? Don't know, don't much care. He may teach more and trade less just because of time pressure and the desire to have lots of family time. Good for him! He's a complex guy, prone to tell stories (it's a Southern thing), but so what. If he just poured out trading details in the class, you would not have any time to stop, take a breathe, and think about the information you just got before he moves on. I think I'm probably ready to pull the trigger on some retakes to see how things have changed in his classes over the last decade.
August 06, 2019 04:28PM
Gary's personal trades are no real value to me, and this is why, yes there is common ground on what a good trade looks like, however if one would think that you must put so much weight on this or that ... there is where a problem can set you up for failure, in fact the same things can sorta setup on the same stock and it fails .... so why is that? Its not the thing!!!! His instructions on what l needed to practice and time of the year and what he did before he retired in his 401k has been priceless. That alone was worth everything that I have paid Gary. Very easy to teach your children that will set them up to manage a fund for their prosperity. Gary is fixing to change his structure of his classes next year and there will be a group of 4 of the S series instead of 3 and the last S1 of this year starts in a few weeks, I am not sure I would want to travel to Rocky Mount for 4, 3 day weekends for the same material. Gary will discuss 3 Gold star trades and he wants you to print them out to study them as to see how and where everyone in the pool plays with each other. I struggled with 1-5 classes and was killed with that information, Darcy helped me with her skills, but I am not a in today out today trader. That is why when I was told Gary changed his trading style to work in the 1 to 3 week time frame I had to revisit his new classes and because he does not spell out detailed guides or have a well defined manual it is still a huge task to write down exactly what he is saying because of all the bunny trail stories. So anyone that has taken 1-5 ...... the S1,S2,S3, is spelled out in a better way so you will know his thought process of a trade. There has only been one time I heard Gary talk of an up coming trade and it was in a story and if you did that trade you could have bought a brand new upper end truck. nice. People just don't talk about their trades, but more than just Gary are doing well ...... but then too some many have lost a lot and still work everyday because they have to. It has changed my life and it took years and it was the next set of instructions to get me there. Darcy was a mile marker for me not to quit. I am very thankful, I have never been to his home but have seen posting of it ...... too big for me ... the shooting range would be nice. Plus he did say a few weeks ago that he was expecting a down turn in the market .... he did .... I really think he discusses other students trades as that is the proof is in the pudding. His trades would not fit the mechanical blue print as it's about the art of the trade, he sees all the time frame as an on going movie .... he is cloud trading .... it would not fit the so called rules.
August 07, 2019 01:55PM
I know that when a person is trying to help others to learn what they have learned it takes an incredible amount of time, energy and patience. As for the person who watched GW trade twice in one day I never asked him what he was shown. What I see and what he sees and what GW sees are different even if we are all looking at the same stock. I see things right now, the fellow who went sees things in several days while GW see things in weeks and months. Given that GW designed the Christmas Cross, I would venture to say he does very well. He gave us charts and explained where he would get in and what he looked for so why would I need to see this live?

I know in the first class S/O and I attended he was upfront with his losses until he developed the Christmas Cross. According to what he said in this class is he had $50,000.00 in his IRA/401K and in one year he had $25,000.00 in his IRA/401K. He didn't hide what he lost.

Watching someone trade will not help you one bit. Trading live and watching someone do this will change nothing except to bring more questions. In fact S/O and I had our brother-in-law come to our house and trade with us. S/O and I would talk back and forth about stocks we would be looking at and the brother-in-law jumped on them without looking at what we were looking at. He lost lots of money by not looking for himself. I belief this is what would happen to anyone who tried to watch someone else trade. You will have a style all your own, it is like a sixth sense...you know that you know that you know and THAT can't be copied no matter how many times you watch someone.

Example I traded ROKU twice today. Once up and once down using nothing more than moving averages. I'm happy. If someone was watching me they would have asked too many questions and the trade would have been over and no this is not day trading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 02:07PM by Darcy3.
August 07, 2019 02:03PM
$120 for 1.5 hours is nothing. We have friends who went to the Najarian Brothers classes. They paid $5,000 and left more confused then when they started.
August 07, 2019 02:09PM
Dan you are so right! This is why I often recommend Investopedia and youtube for learning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login