Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

It takes work..

Posted by BigChartTrader 
It takes work..
May 08, 2013 11:29AM
I am by no means Gary Williams however I did want to write a blurb to any new student that has questioned the process or what charts/web sites you use to research and trade. This process is grueling and takes many YEARS to become an expert. There have been many peers that seem to always be switching brokers, chart providers, and trading techniques. THe truth is, it doesnt matter if you use Qcharts, TradeStation, THink or swim, or any other chart provider. ITs really simple and for me the problem was myself, not the charts. At this point it doesnt matter which charts I use or if there is a particular indicator or screener that identifies trades. Me personally, I would never rely on screeners or strategy tool because I dont want to become reliant on that tool. ITs pretty simple, pick a handful of stocks that move and trade. DOesnt matter if its Weekly+daily or 55+21. FInd what works and do that. It seems as though Tradestation Charts have bombarded the discussion lately and I just want to make sure any student that has just started doesnt think just because you switch to Tradestation that your trading will improve. Hard work and persistance improves trading and most importantly the grace of God that allowed you to learn about the market and how to trade it. If you have Tradestation, please dont take this as a negative comment towards you.
Re: It takes work..
May 08, 2013 11:51AM
All I can say is thumbs up finally. Maybe now we can get back to buisness of RTT assistance in how we trade, what we see, and why we pulled the trigger!

Thx's for the post! Well said and AMEN!
TCB
May 08, 2013 12:01PM
Thanks for that post BCT, I couldn't agree more.
May 08, 2013 01:12PM
I'm new to the site, but thankful that there WAS discussion on charting providers. I thought the point about the charts was offering a free and/or inexpensive alternative to Qcharts - not saying it would improve trading. At least that's what i saw in the discussion. You are correct - switching charts will not improve your trading, but since charts are charts - why spend $150 -200/month on Qcharts when others that work just as well are free or nearly free?

Thanks to all for posting - haven't read all yet, but very informative so far. Thanks especially to those of you who that have broken down successful trades with entry/exit points & reasons why you entered/exited - VERY VALUABLE for practice/study purposes. Please keep them coming!

God Bless
May 08, 2013 08:33PM
I am thirsty for knowledge and want to continue learning how to trade the way it was intended. This forum has always been that platform that help amateur traders find their way. I love that we have those who were learning under Gary in a personal way. I will simply stress and encourage the forum to listen, read, and learn from those who we all know are really, really good traders. They know what they are talking about. Go back and test it! You will be amazed at what you find.

Long story short, you improve your trading by learning from the best. Charting is simply a tool that all of us have. Some have more bell and whistles than others, but at the end of the day, your pot of gold is found in the knowledge of the a couple of people who are providing us guidance every day. You gotta do this the old fashion way- no loop holes, secrets, or luck. SUCCESSFUL TRADING takes hard work-Period!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login