Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

New guy from GW S1 - starting over

Posted by anim8r55 
New guy from GW S1 - starting over
July 30, 2019 04:42PM
Hi all,
I have spent some extensive time reading through these posts, they are EXTREMELY informative, thank you in advance for taking the time.
I took S1 in January 2015 and again in January 2016.
Unfortunately I made some bad trades, didn't follow GW's process, and lost a chunk of cash (specifically right at the end of 2015 when the market took a big dump).
I have spent the last 3 years restructuring my business (self employed for 20 years), and am now in a position time-wise to dip my toes back into the trading waters. I am going to spend the next solid 12 months making paper trades to prove to myself that I have the discipline & ability to make trades properly before I use real cash. My goal is to become proficient in trading such that I can trade all the way through retirement.
I also have a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, and a cat. That's a lot of mouths to feed! So I'd like to avoid paying for Alchemcharts for the time-being and use TOS. I have the account set up, and am working on getting it set up properly so that it works like Alchem.
That said, I see this post...
[researchtrade.com]
However I do not have any information in my binders regarding the ##.
Is there a better place here with details on how best to set things up?

The last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time here, please don't feel compelled to reply, I can dig through the posts where I may have missed some of this. I just need a little direction.

Thank you.
Re: New guy from GW S1 - starting over
July 30, 2019 05:10PM
FYI, I have already made some progress.
I figured out how to add studies to TOS.
I'm using the Fun with Thinkscript posts for this.
80 pages to go...
July 30, 2019 08:23PM
Looks like I just needed to read through and implement. I think I'm ok for now.
Thank you everyone for your many many posts that are helping so much.
Now, to start looking for trades...
August 01, 2019 07:26PM
Ummm... Maybe I need a small widget on the left side of TOS that shows Trumps tweets? eye rolling smiley
Hope nobody got burned...
August 01, 2019 08:29PM
My practice trade went from a $1,200 profit to a $2,000 loss LOL. I was busy at work and didn't set a stop. I'm looking forward to fall/winter for obvious reasons.
August 03, 2019 08:57PM
(Free) TradeStation platform is essentially exactly like Qcharts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login