Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Scanner Alert

Posted by AcquireCurrency 
Scanner Alert
May 17, 2019 02:22PM
I am currently looking for a scanner that can scan through options charts. By this, I mean not the stock itself but the underlying options CHARTS with indicators like MACD, etc. Ive noticed that TOS has an options scanner but thats only for basic things like volume and price, but does not scan options charts.. When I tried scanning for options charts it gave me the signal from TSLA for example with all, both TSLA puts and calls coming up as being triggered. This is not what I am looking for.

I know this may be a stretch since there are thousands of Weekly options but with the softwares and programs out there today it should be possible. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if the scan program will cost a monthly fee or any of the sort I am willing to fork up the cash.
Dan
Re: Scanner Alert
May 17, 2019 05:27PM
Tradestation should be able to do it. I just created a test scan using the Tradestation scanner app that looks for today's volume greater than 100 contracts and it returned around 2400 results, so you can definitely scan options. You will have to use indicators to create your scan and then set up your indicators for things like greater than a number or more involved indicators for things like crossing above or crossing below, but it can be done. I haven't looked on the Tradestation forums but I'm fairly sure someone has already done it or could help you out with doing what you want to do.
Re: Scanner Alert
May 17, 2019 06:50PM
Wow thanks for the quick response Dan! I’ll look into TradeStation now. It was definitely frustrating seeing a TSLA contract come up without the indicators I was scanning for just because the stock itself showed the signals. I need this because each contract individually will give more trade opportunities, the stock itself and each contract all have different charts. As my most profitable “strategy” comes up very rarely, this would help with the problem.

If you find out anything more please let me know. Or if anyone else can contribute. Thank you smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login