Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Garys New Class

Posted by Chris M 
Garys New Class
January 20, 2019 09:04PM
Hi I took Garys WSB 7 yrs ago it was great, I was wondering if his new class is worth the drive from PA its a 9 hr drive Thanks in advance. Are there that many new techniques ?
Re: Garys New Class
January 21, 2019 11:56AM
Yes, the class is worth taking. If you are talking about trading techniques there are not any new trading techniques taught. There is a singular focus on trading leg, W/O, vault. To me, that is what makes the class better. The first class( Survivor 1) provides a platform for trading that I wished I would have had when I originally took the class in 07. There are some great rules laid out to follow that will help most people. The other two classes, Survivor 2 and 3 build on the base Survivor 1 provides. I'm not sure what the classes were like 7 years ago, but for me definitely worth the retake. As a side note, I'm not sure what charting platform you were using then but AlchemCharts is now what most of Gary's student are using now. Alchem is much a much better charting platform( especially for practice) than Qcharts in my opinion.
January 23, 2019 12:41PM
Dou you buy any chance know if he did Suvivor on CD like WSB ?
January 23, 2019 01:49PM
There are no CD's that I'm aware of. Gary does several webinars based on your level of education. You can contact Brandi at wsbrandic@gmail.com for details.
January 23, 2019 02:29PM
Thank You
January 24, 2019 10:38PM
Late to the conversation but will underscore what ncptech said. There are no CDs, just live classes and some optional webinars to supplement the classes after you complete said class. Format is better as you have a defined set of rules starting in Survival 1. None of the Karate Kid "Wax On/Was Off" way of teaching. You are to do A.. B.. C.. 1.. 2.. 3.. and nothing else. Learn to follow the "actual / provided" rules. Not your interpretation of a vague handout. I'm sure the teaching style he used back in the WBS day worked for him and others but quite a few, myself included, started veering off the reservation and making up on own stuff. Now you know.. "do this / not that".

Once you are disciplined, can follow the rules and paint within the lines using a clear laid out template, you start learning how to paint when things aren't so clear to a newbie. This really doesn't start to happen until RTP but he might start teaching some of that in Survial III. Honestly, it all runs together after a while. If you take Survival I and possibly II, you are far better off than someone that took the old 1-5 many times and listened to CDs every day for a year. It's just a better format and you are given much more productive homework to make your trading better.

If you decide to pursue the course, I would also suggest a possible charting webinar from time to time as you get started. Those help to clarify any questions regarding chart reading. Keeps you on the road and within the guardrails.

For full disclosure, I'm not affiliated with GW, never met the man other than briefly passing in the hall during a break and get nothing out of this recommendation. Good Luck!

NCT
February 07, 2019 12:47PM
Thanks I emailed Brandi to find out upcoming classes waiting for her response. Does anyone know of upcoming classes he has for 2019 ? Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login