Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Slam Trade

Posted by AcquireCurrency 
Slam Trade
January 02, 2019 04:24PM
Today I played my first ever slam trade (I believe that is what its called). I have been studying alot recently and spent a ton of time messing with my charts and studies to find what works best. After seeing an FP/HRFP on all charts for MT today with an E on all charts, I opened up my 20 and 10 min charts with BBs. The gap was insane on the downside so I bought calls. Ended up selling for a pretty nice gain. I also noticed that TSLA had the same setup as well. Would love to hear opinions on these plays as I am new to this.

Something that helped me to decide that it is a call trade and not a put, besides the huge gap way out of the normal range, was the MF on the 10 chart. Since open at 9:30 the MF was rising and so I entered a little after 9:50 or 20-so minutes into market open. Decided to add this paragraph to provide a little more detail. Love this forum and being a part of a great community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 06:15PM by AcquireCurrency.
Re: Slam Trade
January 03, 2019 12:11PM
Same type of trade this morning with CELG, but this time a PEAK trade instead of a SLAM. Huge gap up with HRFP and E on all charts right at the open with market going down a ton. Way out of BB with Money Flow going down and ADX going up. Money flow at the open was at 94 way at the peak started going down so I got puts, even though the spread was huge. Used little size due to the spread being enormous but trades like this work so I had to give it a go. Sold my position a couple of minutes ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login