TradeStation
September 24, 2018 06:54PM
All,

Just FYI.. I've had probably 8 to 10 folks reach out regarding changes to TradeStation platform over the past few months. Several have had indicators I wrote and shared in this forum a few years back break.to the point of no longer working. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions. TS is my 2nd backup. I like to test and tryout new things occasionally but haven't really messed with the new update. All of my focus is on getting better at GW's way of trading using Alchem. Alchem keeps me out of trouble as I don't get sidetracked looking at stuff I shouldn't. If I ever get the the time to look at TS and figure it out, I'll let you know but it's not high on priority list as I already spend 10 to 11 hours per day coding. That said, I don't anticipate they made any sweeping changes that can't be figured out by reaching out in their forums to ask. TS has a strong community and have talented engineers that are ready to help. Will keep you posted and wish you the best of luck!

NCT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2018 06:55PM by NCTrader.
Re: TradeStation
September 25, 2018 05:53AM
Amen NCT! I am a technologist in my day job. I run a salesforce CRM org, help other orgs with tech needs, write code, years of experience, etc. Alchem doesn't allow much exploration and tinkering unlike qcharts, tos, tradestation. I have burned many hours in my trading past looking at stuff I shouldn't, chasing a better indicator. I focus on getting better at GW's way of trading, and am adamantly protective of keeping things simple as possible.
Re: TradeStation
October 30, 2018 07:57PM
You guys are spot on! I enjoy using Alchem Charts as well, as it keeps things simple, aligns to GW's way of trading, and gives me everything I need to trade consistently and profitably.

The only other 'tool' I use is researchtrade.com. Marry up their trends with your technical indicators, and you've got more trades than you can shake a stick at.

Trade well & practice more, folks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login