Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Thank you Trader Joe

Posted by irsmart 
Thank you Trader Joe
May 05, 2013 11:04AM
Hello everyone. I too am a student of Gary's. I've been through class 1-5, advanced class, RTP, and double espresso. I registered to this forum a few weeks or so ago because I heard that there were a lot of people on here that were also students of Gary's. I am so happy that I did. After I logged on for the first time, I spent hours reading various posts. There is one post in particular that I am absolutely compelled to write about. Trader Joe responded to "mecave" about a recommendation for a reliable charting service other than Qcharts. He recommended Tradestation, which I already had an account with, but the part I'm totally stoked about is the W.I.N indicator. After reading Trader Joes description of WIN, I decided to sign up for the free trial. I started to backtest trades that I did over the past six months and was very impressed. Every trade that worked, the WIN indicator showed me the trade. The trades that weren't clear or did not work, there was no WIN Indicator. It works very well with my WSB education. The only negative thing I have to say is that my free trial has ended and I have to pay for it now (lol), but it is so worth it. I have alerts on my Radar Screen which tells me when the trade is happening, Visual and audible. I then check my indicators in order to pick what I believe is the best trade. I have my scanner set to run three times a day: 9:45am, 1:23pm, and after 4pm. This way I can get alerts in the morning after the noise has died down some, then I can get alerts after the first candle of the 233 chart closes. The last scan tells me what I should be paying attention to first thing in the morning. By the way, Tradestation is absolutely the best site to research your stocks in my opinion. If you are backtesting a strategy, and lets say your on the daily chart, all you have to do is click on the candle and every chart will line up to that date. Simple and GENIOUS!

If you have Tradestation, I highly recommend the WIN indicator. Its located in the Strategy Network. If you don't have Tradestation, then you are makng your life more difficult and probably more expensive too, especially if you use Qcharts.

Thank you Trader Joe for your wonderful post.
Re: Thank you Trader Joe
May 06, 2013 01:29PM
IRSMART,

Is the WIN indicator similar to the DE Trigger? And in order to get the free Trade Station and Radar Screen for life do you have to trade 50 contracts a month?

Thanks
Re: Thank you Trader Joe
May 06, 2013 02:54PM
brcurley,
I've tried to figure out what the WIN is by doing some backtesting, but I can't seem to figure it out, not yet at least. Its still fairly new to me. I'm sure it is using multiple criteria in order to create a trigger, not just one piece of the puzzle. I do have unbelievable results when I combine my WSB education with the WIN.
As far as Tradestation, you need to call a rep and ask about promotions. If they don't offer you a promotion you like, call back later and try to speak to a different rep. The way I understand it from reading posts, different reps are allowed to offer different promotions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login