Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

OPTIONS TRADING JOURNAL/SOFTWARE

Posted by Taz43 
OPTIONS TRADING JOURNAL/SOFTWARE
July 31, 2018 09:07PM
Hello,

Does anyone have a good option trading journal or software they can share me with. I've some free ones online but nothing that great. Hoping someone can share a good.one they been using.

Thanks
Dan
Re: OPTIONS TRADING JOURNAL/SOFTWARE
August 01, 2018 04:43PM
Try a look at these:
[www.tradingdiarypro.com]
[www.tradeportfoliomanager.com]
[trading-journal-spreadsheet.com]

They are all commercial offerings. I have not tried any of them but they all look interesting. Trade Portfolio Manager is an online tool and I don't feel very comfortable about keeping my trading journal "in the cloud." Either of the other two look promising and I looked about rather extensively for any packages I could find. For me, the key is the ability to filter on a number of criteria that will allow one to tell what strategies are working, which ones are not, and why or why not. It's easy just to keep your own trading journal documents, either hand written or on a computer, but when it comes to analyzing trades, especially numerous practice trades, it seem rather too difficult without a good piece of trading journal software, and I don't think my time is best spent in coding my own trading journal data base. Just my humble opinion.
August 01, 2018 07:41PM
A well structured Excel sheet works pretty well if you have Excel. Don't under estimate pivot tables, pivot charts, and basic charting. Personally I like rolling up my sleeve and getting into the data.
August 01, 2018 08:35PM
Thank You both for the response...Appreciate it!
October 17, 2018 09:03AM
Beside keeping my information in a notebook I also liked Stock Trader's Almanac. You can find it at Amzn. It is by Jeffrey Hirsh and it comes out once a year about $30. Tons of information...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login