Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Do the work, love the art, stay humble and get results!!

Posted by rookie30 
Do the work, love the art, stay humble and get results!!
April 29, 2013 01:41PM
For some of you members who might be new, I want to make a few comments about trading from the WSB approach. I am a living example that if you want this bad enough, you can do it! You can dicatate how much success you have. As you can see from all the posts, the monthly financial investment is very minimal, but the investment of time is NOT!

I made comments in previous posts that I was at one point literally doing all 40 practice trades a week, News plays, journal, and staying awake to study for hours. I had a problem. I did not want to practice for that year. I traded for two years and gave up one of those years because I wanted to do it "my way". There was a time I lost my basket - more than once. I finally learned to do it the way Gary said do it. I picked myself up, developed few different techniques, and most importantly, I backtested my techniques over 150 times before I traded another dime. During my backtesting, I was having nearly 100% success in my trades. I was driven, driven, driven! My wife was supportive. The children understood. I was telling them, "I am finding a way for us to live out some of our dreams and goals". My oldest who is going to college this fall stated, "Dad, you waited to long. I am leaving, and now you want to make all this extra money".

If you work hard enough and totally fall in love with this, there are days that the light bulb simply come on! You will find yourself lying in bed or driving your car, and all of a sudden, that Ahaaa moment hits. I have had about 4 of those over the last 2 years. Each one takes you to another level of trading. Trust me, if you work hard, you will have them.

Trust YOUR research and knowledge, but most importantly test it. If you have TOS, you can use the feature "On Demand" and backtest your strategies or techniques. I love that feature. I use it several hours on the weekends.

Trade the stocks you like, but as always, they must move. Only you know your tolerance and what you can stomach.

Use your set of rules, but use Gary's as your foundation. I have about 20 indicators that I manually scan before I enter a trade. I know if about 15 or 16 line up, I am good to enter. When trading options, you cannot afford to be wrong too often. That is wy backtesting is important.

You must develop a loss tolerance amount. Control your losses. When you enter a trade, it should come your way really soon. If not and it appears to go in the opposite direction, exit at your LT amount. My process was, when I lose, I would not trade again until it is very clear why the trade turned against me. I would find ways to make sure that it did not happen again-not for that same reason.

Develop your own style of trading. I very, very rarely hold a position overnight. 85-90% of my entries are shortly after Amateur Hour (9:50-10:30). About 70-80% of the time, I am out of my trade by 12:00-12:30. A 13 chart is about as important to me as a 55 is to most of Gary's students. It simply works well within my process of trading (backtested it).

Practice for a year. If you do not practice through each zone, it is very possible that you will lose a ton of money and in most cases such as mine, you will lose your basket. Everyone says, "Oh not me". I lost a basket. It was money I needed to financially support my family- just a bonehead decision. This was one of the lowest moments of my life. Do not take that chance-unless money is of no real value because you have so much of it.

2-5, 2-5, 2-5, 2-5- get the idea? Listen and study Gary's CD's as much as you can. I can basically repeat everything he said. I also have the Dennys CDs and Getting Started CD's. I have spent hours, and hours, and hours, listening to them. I have Steve Nison on DVD. This man is boring, boring, boring, but I have learned so much about candlesticks by listening to and watching him. He is another one of my heros. I have a ton of his DVDs. I have about 5 different COURSES-yes full courses on DVD. If you can get your hands on something so valuable, get it. It will help change your life.

You must fall in total love with this. You cannot just like it. You gotta love it! It can not be totally about the money. It is also about finding something you can fall in love with and not treat it as a job. This is something I want to do everyday of my life.

I was living a "broke" lifestyle, trying to survive one paycheck to the next. There were times when I had to take my wife to work in my company car because we could not afford the gas for her to get to work. We simply bought or financed what we wanted. We were poor money managers with no direction. We were digging our hole deeper and deeper. Our bank repossesed our car. We were 2 months delinquent on our home. I was scared and sick because my wife cried almost everyday and could not sleep. I asked God to help me create a way to have another chance to be successful in life. I promised I would continue glorifying him, help others who have fallen as I have, but most importantly never abuse money again. One day, he made it possible for me to be introduced to WSB and later RTT. A really good friend saw and felt my stuggles, but new I was grasping for straws He introduced me to Gary's program and mentored me. This has changed my life. We have cars, but they are paid for. We do not have credit cards. My wife laughs and only cries from joy. Our house payment is caught up. If you take a look at Gary's money management plan, you will see where I have taken this trading thing. I follow that plan and have exceeded the monthy cash flow. I am well on my way to have retirement choice in less than 5 years! God is good! Just know, you have it all in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I will help in anyway I can.

I am sorry I was so "long-winded". I just want the new people to know this is all possible.
Re: Do the work, love the art, stay humble and get results!!
April 29, 2013 05:16PM
It is Darcy...I couldn't figure how else to get here except set up something new on this lap top. So when you see Darcy2 you know it is me from the lap top which is what I use most of the time now.

Anyway here's cheers to your post root beer I do not drink) smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 05:17PM by Darcy2.
April 29, 2013 09:35PM
Darcy,
Welcome back! I pray that everything is ok in your family.

I am forced to trade everyday from a laptop, so I totally understand. After getting accustomed to it, I am starting to like it because I can take it anywhere with me. I can hotspot it with my phone, and I am trading from anywhere.

Again- Welcome back....
TCB
April 30, 2013 06:27AM
Hey "Darcy2", been missing your posts. I echo the thoughts of rookie about your family. I applaud your trading results and keep it up.
Rookie thanks for sharing. We are all blessed to have been introduced to Gary and given this opportunity
April 30, 2013 09:27AM
About family...

I have 2 brothers who have gone through some very tramatic events. One with his spine and the other with his brain. One had to have his spine drilled out so to speak. And the other fell and hit his head causing a blood clod on the brain.

Both have come through with flying colors.
TCB
April 30, 2013 10:08AM
Sorry to hear about your brothers, but thanks be to God for their recovery.God is so good.
April 30, 2013 10:28AM
TCB-Amen to that!

We will continue to pray for your family. It is great that you are able to spend some quality time with them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login