Multiple monitors
April 30, 2017 01:12PM
I have recently setup multiple monitors on my PC, but i don't know how to get my charts to my new monitors. I can drag various applications to my new monitors, but I can't get the charts out of the Alchem chart work space. Can someone help me with this?
Re: Multiple monitors
April 30, 2017 05:24PM
Did you stretch the Alchem charts box across all screens?
April 30, 2017 10:13PM
Thanks.
May 03, 2017 07:26PM
I still think having multiple monitors is not necessary to do this well.

GW used to say that he traded on his laptop. Also he was using webTv way back in the day to trade long before he ever had a laptop PC. Lastly there were no real time charts back then either.

If any of you guys ever had WebTv you know it was very very low resolution, especially when used on the old CRT TV's in the days before HDTV.

Yes I know having multiple monitors could help make the back work a touch easier, but outside of that it won't matter what you trade on. If you can read the charts it doesn't matter if you are on a 10 inch screen or a 10 monitor system with 30 inch monitors. Besides you are reading from 8 ft away anyways. Multiple monitors only serves to reduce your mouse clicks while changing different time frames.
May 06, 2017 12:03PM
Two additional cents...

Yes, GW used to trade on his laptop but is very clear that he absolutely hates doing so these days. He might occasionally be forced to use a phone app to check charts but that appears to be on rare occasions. GW is more apt to arrange his schedule so that he will be available to see the charts at appropriate times. Very clear that multiple monitors are needed and highly recommends 6. His teaching of learning to see the "flow" of the charts working together requires a certain amount of screen real estate. That said, to anyone using TOS and the pure technical traders in this forum that are baking your own cake, this post is entirely moot. The additional screen real estate is only needed if you are learning to bake his cake and do this as instructed. Finally, the end goal is to be able to see when trades are setting up, know about when entry will be signaled and once in, know about how long it will last and about when you will need to check again to see if time to exit. If you know it should last 6 or 7 days and need to leave town for 2 or 3 then you should be confident to leave and not worry about checking charts. This, of course, is the highest level of GW trading. To get there, you need multiple monitors in order to learn to see the "flow" and learn how the charts work together.

NCT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login