Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Gary Williams Deserves It!

Posted by rookie30 
Gary Williams Deserves It!
April 26, 2013 11:42PM
I have been a little taken back by how much specific information is being revealed. I think we give a lot to this forum regarding how each of us trade, and we talk about some specific techniques we use. I think we are starting to disrespect Gary when we disclose his specifc chart parameters. Those finite details should not be disclosed. Please understand, there are people on this forum who are not WSB students. Frankly, they can not and will not learn how to trade as a WSB student without getting his entire package of 1-5 and have a mentor. That product is no longer available for purchase (from what I understand). The only other route they can go to clearly understand WSB is attend Gary's classes (Survivor Weekend).

I am not as concerned about non-disclosure forms, but more concerned about leaches sitting around, gaining to much knowledge with out doing the hard work. If you are not a WSB student, you will have a very, very hard time understanding how we trade based on our language. FOR THE MOST PART, only Gary's students can identify with the following, Christmas Cross, Happy in Seattle, Happy in Hawaii, Sling shot, W&O, The Vault, launching pad, pop, bounce, HRFP, FP, Gary's Charts, and so many more. We typically speak a language that is unique to our family of WSB students. I want to help those who are working to get better at this, but honestly, if you are not a WSB student, I probably cannot speak your language and you will not speak mine. We are not normal, and we are weird. As Gary said, "Normal people are broke". We do not want to be normal.

Please understand, we have something that everyone wants, and I will promise you, there are people who do not want to spend the money to attend Survivor Weekend. They do not want to work hard and study for a year before trading. One thing I know for a fact is, if you are trading successfully, and you are a WSB student, you have worked your butt off! You have most likely lost a lot of money, but continued to get back up and trade again. God knows I have!

I know my life would be TOTALLY different without Gary Williams and WSB. I am finally starting to live out some of my dreams. The program and additional finances have helped me become a better father, better husband, and better person. It simply did not happen overnight. IT TOOK HARD WORK, TIME, TEARS, AND SUPPORT. Please do not GIVE away the "Nuts and Bolts" of WSB.
Re: Gary Williams Deserves It!
April 27, 2013 10:18AM
I don't think anyone has disclosed any specific info regarding to Gary. Gary did not invent the stock market or indicators and I could give someone my exact workspace and I guarantee they wouldn't be successful in the market unless that person already knew the market. It takes a lot of work to be good at this. I am very careful not to use phraseology such as " I'm in this trade and you should get in too", I also don't disclose my profit. Not bc it's against Gary's rules or privacy rules but bc I think my account balance is only my business. Not everyone feels that way and that's fine too. In summary I don't think there has been a violation and I think everyone should just stay positive. It doesn't matter if you use trade station, qcharts, or you don't use technical analysis at all. What matters is that your doing something you like and hopefully it's profitable.
Dan
April 27, 2013 01:10PM
Rookie30 and BigChartTrader both have very valid points. We should not disclose the specifics of Gary's "proprietary" indicators and techniques. My non-disclosure from 1-5 has expired, but I still will not disclose what I consider to be proprietary information. That being said, BigChartTrader is correct about the fact that even having the exact 1-5 workspace would not really help someone who has not invested in Gary's courses and put in the "blood, sweat and tears" to become good at this. As Gary says, "it's not a chart thing, it's an art thing." The further along I get, the truer I find this to be.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone posting here. I gain a lot of perspective from the trades and other information posted here, even when I check my charts against such trades and say "that's not a trade" or "how could I have missed that."
April 27, 2013 04:13PM
I'd also like to add that even out of all of the students who have taken Gary's class, only 20% of them have enjoyed some degree of success. So I seriously doubt that anyone who hasn't taken his class will make any money just from posts on this forum.
April 29, 2013 05:40PM
irsmart...

I think the reason some of us GW followers feel like we do... is loyality to a man who gave us a key...not the only key but a key.

Might I add some of us were told by the providers of this site..."Do not reveal Gary's settings." I think is a great rule. The providers of this site as far as I understand it are former GW students.

BTW I am a very successful GW trader. I took 1-5 and advanced and that is all.I have nothing but graditude for GW's teaching.
April 29, 2013 10:08PM
Darcy, I completely agree with you. I should have added to my post that I do not condone revealing any proprietary information even if your 7 year agreement has lapsed. The main issue I was addressing was what rookie said about leaches gaining information off of this forum without doing the hard work. My point is that 80% of students who have full access to the information are still not successful, therefore I am not worried about "leaches" who come here and read a few posts. I haven't seen anything that violates that agreement with only one exception, and the one exception has been corrected. I too am gratetful to Gary Williams.
April 30, 2013 11:14AM
Irsmart, I am a little sensitive to the idea of those who want this, but do not want to work for it. I might have been a little too direct or presumptuous in some of my comments.

To the forum, If your were offended by any of my comments and your are devoting time and genuine interest to learning how to trade, I apologize.

I have been burned by a few folks who I sponsored to attend Survivor Weekend. Those who have attended know that when sponsoring 2 people for a SW, it is not cheap. My friends thought it was a get rich quick fix. They found out really quickly that I was available to mentor them, but they had to do the work. They wanted all the answers, but did not want to do the work. Yes, my act of giving and helping were not enough to motivate them to work hard. This approach caused me to lose two long time friends. Sorry folks, but yes, after reading my post again, I sounded a little bitter. Irsmart, thanks for enlightening me.
September 13, 2017 09:27AM
what proprietary indicators did he invent? the MA-cross is made reference to in the back of the pit bull book. And "shaving" time frames on charts is nothing new. It's been done as long as technicians have been drawing charts. As far as I know Gary does not write any code for the charts. What he has done is add his "special" identification names to particular charts and setting. But again, unless you have taken Gary's class to understand the "thought process" the information is not of much use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login