Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

I miss Darcy

Posted by flsupraguy 
I miss Darcy
January 28, 2017 05:58PM
There are many great contributors on this forum but I really really miss seeing Darcy's point of view on things.

Anyone keep in contact with her?
Re: I miss Darcy
January 30, 2017 10:15AM
I would second that. I've been gone for a few years and to see that she is gone is disappointing. Anyone know why she left? I know she was doing well with he E thing.
January 30, 2017 12:43PM
Yes Darcy is a very sweet and caring lady. But she is a really good chart reader and her point was that it can't be a black box thing. It’s a work thing. Who took the Gary Williams classes and worked hard and the read the book technical analyst for dummies and took the information and wal-la you have the E trade. She would tell you that you have to know what’s on your charts.
January 30, 2017 06:31PM
I do not know Darcy or all the reasons that went into her decision to pullback; however, the last indication was that she did not care for the direction the forum was heading. She wished everyone well but truly believe, as GameOver indicated, this is not a black box thing. She used E but did so in context of what was taught by GW and the knowledge she gained over time. At the time she made the decision to leave. many in the forum were focusing on making an E signal the end all/be all indicator. I believe the only reason she introduced the concept and contributed was to help out GW students that might be struggling. Yes, she posted trades where her S/O traded purely E signals but that was to show the power of the E. The posts were not intended for anyone to abandon GW teachings.
February 01, 2017 12:37PM
You guys are spot on. I think she began to get a bit discouraged with the forum because it seemed to turn into an "indicator" thing, and no one wanted to put in the effort to learn to read the charts. Anyone ever spend an hour looking at charts before bed, and then still seeing charts when you close your eyes? I have, its like seeing spots after a bright light flashes in your eyes. smiling smiley

Her E-Chart was nice, but it's never about A single indicator, it's about ALL the indicators together, and the story (or movie) that they tell together..

This forum has turned in nothing more than people coming on and asking for the most outlandish indicators. At one point it was so bad that they sent poor Robert into hiding. Just take a look at the "Fun with Thinkscript" thread, and you'll see what I mean. 65 pages of wishful thinking. It's funny how so many requests for indicators are just indicators of indicators. Or you end up with folks starting threads making ridiculous market "predictions". New folks read that stuff, and it draws them right away from what they should be doing. Or it causes them to doubt there plans, and shakes their confidence. And we all know how important confidence is.
February 06, 2017 03:26PM
I had a few phone conversations with Darcy and her S/O on a few occasions. She and I still periodically exchange e-mails. She is "old school" and accustomed to working her butt off to win in the game of trading. She was never going to stand and watch someone package her "E System" and put it in a box.

Thank God for Darcy and S/O. She shared so much of herself with this forum. I am just blessed to be one of the people who shared and absorbed ideas and strategies with them. I will let her know how much she is missed. She and S/O are still trading everyday and enjoying life.

Take Care
Rookie30
February 07, 2017 02:32PM
Playing around the last few days with Darcy's "E" setup. Not saying that I have duplicated he trade mindset but with the help of Robert, I have set up six charts and a custom column that makes seeing the "E", across all time frames extremely easy. I traded yesterday and this morning when I had an "E" on the 30, 20, 10, 8, 5, and 3 (I use the 30 and 20 instead of 34 and 21 due the limitation of the custom columns). All trades were successful. This a.m. I traded TSLA, BIDU, AMZN, and LNKD all to the downside while the market was up over 100 points. I traded weekly options that expire today so my avg cost was around 1.50 per contract.

These were practice trades and I made over $1 per contract on each.

Thanks Darcy!!!!!

By the way, have not heard from Darcy lately.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel that much of the angst of this thread is directed at the 'E' Success thread. I am sorry to see that. Above is my original post when I started the "E" Success thread. I think that many of us were excited about the "E" and the success that Darcy had achieved. I don't believe that it did, but I hope that my thread and code did not cause Darcy to leave this forum. We use the term 'black box' as though it is some kind of mythical beast that cannot exist. I would say that whatever encompasses your trading edge or the system that you use could , in fact, be thought of as a blackbox. In other words, a blackbox is nothing more than the culmination of all that one does in making a trade.

What I offered, was my way of utilizing an idea that had been presented to this forum. I, and several others, were able to use this information to make some money. The first line states that I had not duplicated Darcy's mindset. It was not my intention to imply that this was an attempt to duplicate Darcy's way of trading but simply 'A' way of trading with the 'E'. In class 1, Gary states that he provided 13 different ways to trade. Something for everyone's personality. So Darcy took Gary's teaching, modified it by adding the 'E" and found success. Perhaps my trading personality cannot be easily defined but I took Darcy's idea, modified it, and found something that works well for me.

Again, I hope that my work did not lend itself to Darcy's absence from this forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login