Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Online Coaching

Posted by ncptech 
Online Coaching
May 02, 2016 10:40AM
Has anyone here participated in Gary's online coaching classes? If so did they make you a better trader? Was it worth the cost?
Re: Online Coaching
May 21, 2016 12:15PM
I signed up for the coaching for the 1st time. In retrospect, I think signing up for it and have choosing participating choice makes the most sense. Then you get direct feedback from Gary and will probably save a lot of time.
June 27, 2016 08:57PM
what is the cost for this?
June 27, 2016 11:49PM
It is for existing students of Gary Williams (ie. Survivor or RTP) - and if you are a student of GW, then you know the cost of it already.

xilb51x Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is the cost for this?
June 28, 2016 07:15AM
I am an existing student and no I don't know the cost
June 28, 2016 09:00AM
xilb51x

Send an e-mail to Brandi at wsbrandic@gmail.com and she will send the details. I deleted the info, but I believe it was between $2000 and $2400 depending on which option you choose.

Don't pay any attention to some on the forum that try to single themselves out from others that may or may not be Gary's students. I'm sure I'll be getting some PMs warning me about disclosing super secret info. Whatever.

Good luck and trade well!
June 28, 2016 07:48PM
Best of luck to those that have decided to take the plunge. In my opinion well worth the experience, at least once providing the cost is not going to take food off of your table. No worries about disclosing any super secret info - there isn't any. You will find over time the key ingredient is a lot of consistent hard work, discipline, no quit attitude, and the proper mindset that you do not have to trade simply because the market is open. Even if you did not decide to participate, your questions will probably be answered by the time your sessions are over. It is amazing how like minded folks are. Participating does give you direct access to have your specific flavor of the question answered. You also get feedback on some of your trades.

One recommendation and then I will go. Before the start of each session do the leg work and review the material. I wrote down how I would answer each question and my thoughts on each trade to be discussed (would I have done the trade, why or why not, go candle-by-candle to find my exit and why, etc.). I actually did the work on each and every trade the way he teaches now with the filters and PPs as if I was doing the trade. Then wrote down every word on GW's thoughts and assessment, comparing my assessment along the way. Toward the end of the coaching period it is scary how close your personal thoughts are to GW's answers. At least it was that way for me. Not 100% but pretty darn spot on many, in the ballpark for the others, and rarely out in left field on any after the 6 month mark. Try to attend as many as possible. Good luck.

-NCT
June 29, 2016 06:36AM
EthanW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> xilb51x
>
> Send an e-mail to Brandi at wsbrandic@gmail.com
> and she will send the details. I deleted the info,
> but I believe it was between $2000 and $2400
> depending on which option you choose.
>
> Don't pay any attention to some on the forum that
> try to single themselves out from others that may
> or may not be Gary's students. I'm sure I'll be
> getting some PMs warning me about disclosing super
> secret info. Whatever.
>
> Good luck and trade well!

Wait!!! Are you saying 2k per session??? How often do you go, once a month right?
June 29, 2016 08:15AM
I deleted the info from Brandi, but I believe it was $2000 - $2400 per year and it meets once a month. I do not attend but a number of students at the survival classes have indicated they they do. The lowest price was for anyone that wants to just 'observe' the class, the high price for anyone that wants to have the ability to ask questions and have a live interaction with Gary. For legal reasons (I'm guessing) Gary can't answer questions on a trade that is active, only after the opportunity has passed. I'm going back for survival in October and I'll try to get some feedback from those students that are doing the online coaching. I hope this helps.
June 29, 2016 09:21AM
I think this entire conversation proves what Gary has said both in the classes and during the online coaching sessions - that the majority of students do not listen, follow instructions, and, therefore, do not succeed at this:

** There are 2 sessions per month, not 1.
** The costs were mention multiple times in classes - both RTP and Survivor - I wasn't trying to be secretive previously, just proving a point that as a student of Gary, you should know the costs - and pretty much everything else I'm pointing out here, if you listened, took notes, and followed instructions.
** There was a deadline to sign up as the new year for this opportunity began in June, which was mentioned multiple times.

Pay attention in class. You won't need to ask for help on here ever again.
June 29, 2016 10:59AM
When I took the classes back in 2012 it wasn't mentioned, unless a statement was made while I was in the bathroom of course. smiling smiley

It sounds as though much as changed with the Survival weekend classes. May be time to attend another one.

R
June 29, 2016 06:29PM
RR,

If the last time you attended was back in 2012 then you didn't miss out. The first time I recall online coaching being mentioned was sometime in 2014. Could be wrong but that is my recollection. GW inquired whether or not folks would be interested and needed time to research how to facilitate. The first annual session was 2015-2016. As awesomeness pointed out, the new session just started. Next open enrollment will be May 2017. For those that really want insights into how GW sees the market, it is worth the cost. Even if you only observe and do not participate you get the info to be discussed. Like I said before, you really start being on the same page by the end of the enrollment.

As for getting back to class, yes, I would suggest if you have the time and ability then do so. Things have changed somewhat. A few new pieces interwoven here and there over the past two years but nothing earth shattering. Helpful but no holy grail. That said, he is supposed to be introducing something in this year's RTP that is a potential "WOW" factor. Something he has been using in his own trading that hasn't gotten him this excited in many years. Apparently has tested with a few select live coaching clients in order to tweak his presentation of the material. It is supposed to be a game changer but as you already know, there are no holy grails. If someone doesn't do the work then the new info will be an expressway to trading basket destruction. I am not fortunate to be part of the inner circle and therefore do not know what is to be taught. Even if I did I would not be a liberty to discuss. Only sharing for those that have not been in class in quite some time. Things do change and GW continues to grow and learn. If he finds something he feels is beneficial then he will introduce at some point.

One last tidbit. Whatever the new piece happens to be it might cause students to reconsider how they approach W/O. They might even decide not to do W/O any longer and replace with whatever "it" is. GW's words, not mine. It is supposed to expedite retirement choice, assuming students are disciplined and committed to doing as instructed for 365 days per year for as long as it takes. I have no idea if he plans on incorporating into the Survival classes. He only mentioned introducing into RTP. Based on what little bit he provided in the live coaching sessions it sounds like someone needs to have an RTP education and has been working with the martial for a bit to be comfortable. Just my interpretation.

NCT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2016 06:36PM by NCTrader.
June 30, 2016 10:00AM
I remember him mentioning (several times) about "coaching clients", but there wasn't any mention concerning cost, and structure. I just assumed it was something you would have to inquire about further to obtain the cost and structure info.

I suppose the "coaching client" thing has now turned into "online coaching client". smiling smiley
June 30, 2016 11:24AM
Basically, yes. Online coaching materialized as GW had a backlog of students wanting to be live coaching clients. There are only a finite number of slots available. I believe the schedule is that you meet once per quarter. Once you are a live coaching clients you have a slot for life or until you decide to stop or GW kicks you out for not doing as instructed. Since he would never be able to handle the backlog of "live" requests he decided to do the online thing. It also provides another revenue stream. My words - not his :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login