Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Pessimistic, Fearful, or use of Common Sense?

Posted by rookie30 
Pessimistic, Fearful, or use of Common Sense?
April 17, 2013 09:49AM
I am becoming more and more aware of when we move from one zone to another. I assume we are moving into another zone. As of Monday, I saw major, uncommon fluctuations take place in some of the stocks I trade. These changes really have been working with me mentally. I am choosing to sit and watch today because I am AFRAID TO TRADE! I am seeing movements that are extreme in one direction and at the blink of an eye, it reverses and goes extreme in the opposite direction. I really think this has a lot to do with the violent incident we are aware of that took place in Boston. Investors might be a little afraid of how the country will respond as we find more clues pointing in the direction and finding out who was responsible. On the contrary, if this is the start of summer trading, I will need to go back to grinding and studying techniquies on how to trade this zone. I will surely lose my basket again, if I try to trade when candles bounce up and down as I have seen this week.

I know I sound almost like a scattered brain, but I lost my basket a little over a year ago, and I was well on my way to losing another several months ago (Summer Trading Zone). Thanks to the forum.... I was guided to a safe place. For those of you who do not know how to trade the summer trading zone, please, please be careful. The "Big Money" leaves and the little boys are left messing with the market during the summer- my interpretation. In the scheme of world wide trading, I assume most of us are little people (not trying to disrespect anyone or their financial status).

In a very early post, I insinuated that if I could ever afford it, I would not trade during the summer because it is so choppy and hard to trade. In a perfect world, I would trade for 8 months, vacation for 2 months, prepare for Fall/Winter for 2 months and back to trading for 8.

My point to all of this is, those of us who are not great traders, be very careful when you trade in the summer. Up until now, I was not smart enough to figure out that summer trading really can strip me of all of my hard work during the other trading zones. The veterans can trade any zone very well, but amatuers have major problems with the summer. I am going to work very hard to learn how this zone can be affectively traded. I will go back to finding a style, backtesting, and re-analyzing.
Re: Pessimistic, Fearful, or use of Common Sense?
April 17, 2013 10:38AM
See Market calendar beggining April 15th. All yesterday was a bounce of BBB from the 55 chart to resistance and the move continues today. If you assess the big charts and understand the market calendar and adage of "sell in May and go away" then it seems that we are right on Q to sell off. It is difficult to trade the summer right after you leave the fall/winter, you'll get it.
April 17, 2013 04:26PM
Rookie,

Several years ago I lost big $ because of the transition to summer. In fact it was right around this date. I got frustrated and went away for a while. Now I'm back. But your advice is excellent and right on the money, so to speak!
April 22, 2013 05:45PM
Well I hate the Fall WInter. I hate how slow it is. I love the hard time. That is the best time for me. Crazy I know but the way I have it figured if I can trade in the hard time...I can trade during any of the times.

You have the knowledge. You know the summer is choppy. Stick to 2 or 3 stocks and trade only them. I believe you can do it!
April 22, 2013 07:59PM
I will spend time practicing as much as I trade during the summer months.

I also feel if I can trade well during the summer, other zones will be fairly easy. I have never had a successful summer. I know so much more now than I did last summer, so maybe I will do better during summer 2013.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login