Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Charting class

Posted by ncptech 
Charting class
March 07, 2016 03:43PM
Has anyone here taken Gary's online charting class? Doe he cover current charts or older charts? Is it worth taking?
Re: Charting class
March 07, 2016 06:23PM
I attended the first 4 charting classes and provided more detailed thoughts in another post sometime last Fall. I thought it was worth it but "worth" is relative. It will depend on your expectations. The cost to attend is roughly the equivalent of a nice dinner out with your s/o. You get to attend in the comfort of your own home and not forced to commute. In my webinars he went over recent charts. The only exception is if he wanted to make point and had to go back in history to do so. Since he is using recent charts no two webinars are the same (that goes without saying because it is GW). I am not sure if he still does it but he used to start out each webinar with a few solid SLI examples (FP/HRFP if you are an old 1-5 student) so that you can see exactly what you should be looking for. Please note that FP/HRFP and SLI are not exactly the same but close enough for government work. Everything else is based on what he sees on the charts - subtle chart reading. Also not sure if he still does this or not but the most valuable piece was taking a symbol and providing insights on what he sees candle by candle - all charts. You get a chance to see how the charts work together in his mind (short charts pullbacks in context of larger chart trends). Each time I have seen him do this he would cover all charts for one symbol covering 2 to 4 weeks - basically candle by candle with a little fast forwarding here and there. If you are an old 1-5 or struggling newer Survivor student still trying to figure out chart reading then it is absolutely worth it and can't beat the price. If you are RTP educated then there is still significant value but somewhat muted as some of the stuff he covers you have already heard. I learned something new in each of the four classes.

Best wishes!

NCT
March 07, 2016 11:10PM
NCTrader sums it up nicely. Not much more that I could add to that.

If nothing else, it's possible that you'll get a solid glimpse inside GW's head and thought process as he steps through the charts on a particular stock.
March 08, 2016 08:47AM
Thanks for the input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login