Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Survivor 2 and 3

Posted by Traildoc 
Survivor 2 and 3
November 18, 2014 03:18PM
Would like to get some feedback on Survivor 2 and 3. Have taken 1 and am contemplating taking 2 and 3 but would like to hear from anyone who has taken those as to what you think. Was there a lot of new, pertinent info or was it mostly a rehash of Survivor 1? Any feedback welcomed.
Re: Survivor 2 and 3
November 18, 2014 04:41PM
New member here and was wondering how does one sign up for these classes?
November 18, 2014 09:19PM
In my opinion Survivor 2 and 3 are a must if you want to be good at this. It is oriented more towards the artistic side of trading that enables you to eliminate a lot of the mushy trades that are technically correct entries.
November 18, 2014 09:34PM
Traildoc,

I have taken everything he provided before: 1-5, Advanced, RTP, and DE. I have also taken Survivor 1-3 and the new RTP. I think everyone will have a slightly different perspective but here is mine. I would guestimate that he discarded roughly 20% to 25% of the old information that used to be taught in 1-5. Mainly nice to know info and/or short chart trading tactics. As you know almost everything is exclusively big chart trades these days. Survivor 1 and 2 are the foundation. Yes, there are definitely new things in 2 that build on 1. Not a rehash. He even provided some new technical stuff that helps with chart reading. Not a holy grail or end all be all class but for me definitely worth it. Class 2 is where you start peeling back the layers just a bit. You have permission to make different exits than what is taught in 1, etc. If I were going to recommend a friend to take the classes I would say 1 and 2 would be required. These build a solid foundation for the engineer or mechanical minded folks. Class 3 gets you prepared for RTP and starts to layer in the art of trading. He told us upfront the first night that class 3 is the least amount of information provided. That said still good info. Just don't go into 3 expecting a lot of new technical stuff. You find out in 3 and RTP that we are not technical traders (just reiterating what was said many times). If anyone wants to be a technical trader then stop after class 2. Per GW he gave you the best technical entries you can expect to have in 1 and 2. The mechanical entries taught in those classes are expected work 75% to 80% of the time if you follow the rules and do as instructed (work defined as small loss, break even, small gain, or good gain). You never expect 100% to work so a small loss following the rules is considered a successful trade. The good gains more than offset the small losses. The goal is to firs stop having trades fall off a cliff. We are supposed to build a foundation that starts with solid rules and technical but over time develop the art. The art is looking at two identical trades and knowing that trade A has a better chance of working than trade B but there is nothing on the charts to justify your decision. You just know. Has noting to do with SLI, rising ADX, E signals, or rising money flow. YOU JUST KNOW! Not there yet but on my path and can see from time to time when the art starts showing up in my own trading. I would also suggest that anyone that is not committed to chart study and is only looking for the next technical piece of information to stop after 2. Class 3 and RTP will be a waste of time if you are not going to do the work. I am not suggesting anyone in this forum falls into the category but need to add that caveat.

So there is my two cents. I am sure others will tell you it is not worth it. Depends on your perspective and what you intend to gain. I would recommend 1 and 2 for any new person starting out or any old 1-5 student that is still struggling. From there decide on Class 3. Before I forget I will throw this out for full disclosure. As I understand it GW is now teaching a new technical technique in class 3 that will be expanded upon in RTP going forward. I have no idea what it is, how to use, or the value. All I now is that he continues to look for ways to improve his trading, discovered something that he had never seen before, and it is my assumption that he possibly tested it out with some coaching clients prior to introducing in class. He told us spring of 2014 that at some point he might teach something new if he deems it worthy. Apparently he started teaching it in the last Class 3 back in October. I commend those that I have asked for feedback for not disclosing and honoring your NDA. All I wanted to know is whether or not it is worth it. All that have received the info said it was worth it and would not be a bad idea for me to go if I could swing it (feedback from a few 2014 RTP students and some that were taking Class 3 for the first time). It also helps that retakes are rather cheep once you taking everything else. I will be there this weekend to see what else is being taught in 3 that I missed the first time and see if the new info enhances my trading. I also find that as he continues to teach and receives feedback he gets better at communicating ideas or figures out better ways to communicate. I have not walked away from any class without learning something. Obviously I cannot disclose details but will be happy to offer honest feedback after retaking Class 3.

NCT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 09:49PM by NCTrader.
November 18, 2014 09:53PM
Lukhy911, you may send an email to the following address for more information: wsbrandic@gmail.com. Tell them you are interested in knowing more about the Survivor series. The classes are taught in Northeastern NC (Rocky Mount).
November 25, 2014 06:00PM
Class 3 retake is in the books so here are my thoughts. It was definitely worth taking again. I had a few people ask and the analogy I used was that taking any newly released Survivor class is like buying a newly designed model car (which I have done twice in my life). There are always a few hiccups along the way. For me the information was presented better this time around and had a more logical flow. Also picked up a couple of clarifications points I missed the first time and a few additional nuggets. I also discovered that the class information is tweaked from time to time. There was one charting nugget I use quite often provided in my 2013 Survivor 2 class that will be discussed in RTP going forward. The nugget was briefly mentioned in class 3 this weekend only because it helped to support the topic being discussed. My point is that you never know what you will pick up unless you go.

Class 3 is still focused on really starting to get into the art side of trading. The analogy was that of an artist. How do you know when the painting is finished? Why did the artist not stop one brush stroke before and how does the artist know that the painting does not require one or two additional brush strokes? Because it’s done – the artist just knows. I think that is one of the problems I see from time to time in this forum as we have a lot of technical types (myself included). There are various levels of trading experience that contribute and all feedback is welcomed. The problem at times is that too many people want an ABC123 list of reasons why something was done. The ABC123 will only take you so far. I believe there are several individuals in this forum that do not give themselves enough credit for that which they know but cannot explain.

Finally, the new piece that is being added and prompted me to consider retaking the class is a very good nice to know piece of information. I will use it but for me it is not a need to know. I found more value in some other nuggets and walking through GW’s trade. Once again you get to see the entry point and explanation using Survivor thought process. You also get explanations of decision points along the way up until the exit. Same as last year but a more recent trade. We also received a written explanation of three trades from coaching clients that GW graded as basically perfect with minor tweaks. Decision to get in, reasons for staying along the way, and the exits. The first was walked through similar to the GW trade and the remaining two provided so that we could research ourselves. Last but not least there are those charting nuggets that everyone wants that only come up from time to time. Nothing earth shattering. Some are great that I did not know, some I picked up myself from experience, and others I already knew from reading the book list.

I believe the realized value will be based on the personal reason for going. Before I forget the cost of Survivor 1 is being reduced next year to be more in line with the old 2-5 cost around 2006 – 2007. Also introducing an incentive that will allow you to retake any class you have already taken once your have three new paid referrals in a given year. In other words if you have three new people sign up by February 2015 you can retake any class for free for the remainder of 2015 Feb – Dec (including RTP). I provide this as an FYI update in case anyone is interested – not to drive referral business.

That is about as objective as I can be. Sorry that I cannot go into more detail but restricted by NDA. It was worth my time and picked up a few additional nuggets along the way.

NCT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login