Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

ThinkScript Help In and out of Bollinger band

Posted by TOSNovice 
ThinkScript Help In and out of Bollinger band
October 29, 2014 05:36PM
Can somebody help with a thinkscript that can scan for stocks which hav bollinger upper band 2( Meaning up then down and then up again) times in the past few days. Same for stocks that have broken lower bans 2 times consecutively.(meaning down and then up into bollinger band and then down again.

Attached example here--> [www.dropbox.com]

Thank you experts. I am very new to thinkorswim and learning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 05:37PM by TOSNovice.
Re: ThinkScript Help In and out of Bollinger band
October 29, 2014 08:03PM
Reason I ask for this scan, it appears that every 3r or 5th time this break up or down has a strong reversal. Sorry if my description is now clear. I am sure this would be cakewalk to Darcy/Robert and the likes. I have been struggling with this for a while. TIA
October 30, 2014 06:33AM
TOSNovice,

I look for the same BB setup that you are looking for. I am strictly a big chart trader and scan for breakouts on the Daily chart using the Scan feature in TOS. Under the Scan tab in TOS click on the "Add Study Filter". Click on the first box after the word Study and select Crossovers. Then select BollingerBandsCrossover. From there I will set the scan criteria to "above-upper" or "below-lower" with the Bollinger Band settings I use. I also only scan within my watch list. Once the list populates I save it as a watch list and wait for the other indicators to tell me when it is ready. This method is working out very well so far in my practice trading.

Dave
November 01, 2014 08:53PM
Dave thanks for the reply, I am using that study filter however what I am looking for is a way by which I can count a number of times a stock price has gone in and out of the Upper BB and Lower BB. so I can run a scan and perform a backtest to see what seems to be the reason it goes up or down and where in the Midline of BB plays a role.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login