Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Can't find a Darcy trade lately??

Posted by funkho 
Can't find a Darcy trade lately??
September 15, 2014 08:46AM
When I first started scanning, it seemed that I could find what I thought to be a Darcy trade pretty much daily. I have been refining down a lot, so I figure I would find less trades. However, the past 4-5 trading days, I haven't find a single one that even looked close.

I'm wondering if other people who are practicing Darcy's method are still finding stuff or if the market isn't showing these trades to us? I have a basket of about 35... I'd rather not expand it out...

I check once at 9:35 and if I don't find anything I like, I check again at 9:50... But I'm watching from 9:30 to 10 constantly... I am seeing nothing... Are others finding trades?

Thanks!
Re: Can't find a Darcy trade lately??
September 15, 2014 09:21AM
Yes I found one on 9/3 and I rode it until today. It was GPRO. It is expected to rise at least until Oct/Nov for the Christmas season.

I bought 8 Sept 57 calls for $3.30 and sold today for $11.80..then traded with S/O on his trade today.

S/O bought on Sept 5 . He purchased 5 BIIB Sept 330 puts for $7.20 and sold them for $11.30 (same day). He also bought 5 TSLA Sept puts for $7.10 and sold the same day for $9.60.

We have been away since Sept 8 to Sept 14 for family health issues...my brother. So can't comment on any other trades than those we have made. S/O did trade LNKD today and is already out. He bought 10 Sept 217.50 puts on LNKD for $3.50 and sold for $4.65.
September 15, 2014 09:27AM
After I posted this, I went back and scanned again. I found AMZN, and now I see LNKD... Man, I looked at LNKD earlier, but I ruled it out for some reason.

Cool, I just couldn't find anything for a few days, and that seemed unusual to me... Starting to see them again now...
September 15, 2014 09:34AM
funkho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man,
> I looked at LNKD earlier, but I ruled it out for
> some reason.

I see it now. I ruled out LNKD because of the possible divergence on the 21m. Looks like it blew right through that.

I think possible divergences might be what's keeping me out of too many trades. How often do you say no to a trade because there is a possible divergence. Or do you want a CONFIRMED divergence to keep you out.

Clearly, that 21m candle on LNKD had not closed, because if you look at it now, you say... There is no divergence there! But when I looked at it before the 21m candle closed, it was diverged at that particular moment.

So I'm curious. Do you assume that a divergence is not going to hit you until it is confirmed, or do you give the bigger charts priority if the divergence is possible but not yet confirmed.
September 15, 2014 10:18AM
I understand the divergence thing. Note S/O traded it....grinning smiley... "The gunslinger" not me.

Here's what S/O says...

"At 9:49 I have FP on the 55, 34, and 21. I had E on all charts. I had a ADX going up on 55, 34, and 21. Money Flow was going down on the 8 and 10." He exited trade at 10:02.

Sometimes S/O does trades with only E on all charts and a rising ADX and money flow going in the direction of the E.

I am still trying to shake some of those older teachings I learned when I first started...like divergence, over bought or over sold.

My benefit is having S/O right beside me to help me shake some of those older teachings...and beleive me it is hard to shake them once implanted.
September 22, 2014 12:50PM
On 9/15/14 S/O sold his LNKD early.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 12:50PM by Darcy2.
September 23, 2014 08:13AM
That's a pretty good week right there !! Way to go!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login