Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Gary Williams

Posted by dmkratzer 
Gary Williams
September 16, 2012 09:41AM
I am trying to help someone find more information about the online classes offered by Gary Williams, and I cannot access his website any more. The website I am looking for is www.achieverschoicequest.com. Did he change websites? Is he still in business?

Donna
Re: Gary Williams
September 16, 2012 05:36PM
Hey Donna,

Over a year ago, a friend of mine who trained under Gary William back in early 2000's found a way to get the entire package of materials for me. He is a very successful position trader and learned everything through Gary's teachings. He was one of the ones who trained in Gary's home, met at Dennys after hours, and was on the e-mail group with Gary. I never went through on-line classes. If the person you are helping has access to the package of materials (cds and training manuals), he/she can learn the trading strategies. I am an example. I had nothing but the package, a mentor, and a lot of will to win. One year of practicing and following the rules and I am ready to trade real money with confidence.

My mentor thinks that gaining access to Gary's WSB training is becoming almost impossible to find. He had a very, very hard time finding the entire package for me. I also know, IT WAS NOT CHEAP! I will talk with him about the online classes. He has an inside connection to someone in Gary's camp.

Rookie
September 16, 2012 08:08PM
Hi Rookie,

Thanks so much for asking your friends. I really appreciate it. I often thought about taking the RTP class. Can you find out if the RTP class is still offered?

I took the WSB class online in 2008, and I tell everyone how great it is, but I don't want to keep raving about it if nobody can take the classes.

Thanks for checking!!!
September 17, 2012 08:25PM
My mentor stated that the RTP Class was taught by Gary, and he is pretty sure Gary is not personally teaching any classes. He can vividly recall Gary insinuating several years ago that he would probably not teach very long. He had very little tolerance for lazy students who blamed him for their lack of success. He stated he would call a friend and try to find out more. I will let you know.
September 18, 2012 09:07AM
Gary is no longer on line.
September 18, 2012 09:31AM
So he does not have any classes available any more ... not even virtual classes online? I am so sad. sad smiley
September 18, 2012 09:50AM
Nope he is no longer on line. As to having classes he may in the future have classes only in Raliegh...haven't heard any more on that idea...only heard it mentioned once.

Gary is a great mentor. I hope he continues in some fashion but I would say teaching is tiresome and as we all learned a lot of folks want we have learned without earning it. I can't imagine how much Gary is pulled for the same reasons.
September 18, 2012 09:50PM
Donna, I really hate you cannot help your friend find Gary's online course.

I pray that God blesses Gary and his family. He has changed my life and the lives of so many people. He gave so much of his time to ensure his students learned how to trade. I am either listening to 2-5, "Getting Started", or Dennys Sessions nearly every day. It is like he lives in my car, my house, and my office. I cannot get rid of him- ha ha!

Today was a flat day for me. I missed a big trade on DECK today. I saw it aggressively heading down, but I played by my rules. RTT did not support that move. The market was too flat for me to feel like the Broad Market was in my favor. I did not see any news that slammed the stock down (might have missed something). The DOW and NASDQ were going in opposite directions part of the day. If I would have bought puts, I would have done very well, but I was disciplined and saw no need to buy the position.

Rookie
September 19, 2012 06:00AM
I know what you mean about Gary Williams. He has changed my life as well. He teaches all the things I believed for the past 15 years, but just didn't know how to put together and make it work. This class just came along at the right time in my life. I am REALLY sad to know that there are no more classes, but I understand his frustration. I tell EVERYONE about this program.

Sorry you missed your trade, but there will be another one. I missed RES last week and kicked myself all weekend (I had been waiting for it), but it came back down this week, and I am sure it will go back up soon, so I stopped kicking myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 06:48AM by dmkratzer.
September 19, 2012 08:37PM
It appears that many of you have taken and are using the rules from Garys 1-5. I took Garys last live class in 2007. Great experience, truly life changing. I have been working at this for a while now, trying to go as slow as I can b/c patience has not always been my virtue and I know that attitude in the market will get you killed.

I do have one question that I have never been able to get confirmation on the answer. I have been doing news practice plays for a long time now, as directed by Gary. Gary indicated that you are supposed to lear 2 specific things from doing this. I believe I have an idea, but was wondering if anyone had a concrete answer. Any of you fellow students out there have any input on this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 08:39PM by fireman1984.
September 20, 2012 03:00AM
I have also wondered this, but I think it is
1) how news items and economic reports move the market (as a whole)
2) that trading based on stock specific news does not work

Also, I think the exposure to different stock symbols is an added benefit.

I am not sure this is the right answer, but I have thought about that too.

Good question. I will be interested to hear what others have to say.

Donna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2012 03:34AM by dmkratzer.
September 20, 2012 08:55AM
Gary was teaching classes at the Lighthouse Convention Center in Raleigh. I think one is coming up in November. The previous day long class cost $450, but I'm not sure about the one in November. It might be longer than one day. I have not attended any of his Raleigh classes, but I know they are only offered to "students who have completed either in person, mail order, or online the 1-5 classes, the Advanced class, the RTP course, the DE class, or RTP newletter subscribers". The mailing that I received further stated that "non-student guests will not be allowed." If you are a previous student but for some reason are not on his mailing list, you might be able to write to him for information at PO Box 10, Sharpsburg, NC 27878.
September 20, 2012 02:52PM
Donna,

Good points. Looking at my news plays over a period of time. I have also noticed that it gives me a barometer on the market. When I see a news item and make, what I think, is an educated guess about what that news will do to that stock. I have found that I am still wrong, a lot. Gary stated that we would expect to be wrong 98% of the time. Knowing from the get go that we are to be wrong 98% of the time would tell me that he is already giving us the obvious tid bit to never trade the news alone.

I always add an arrow to my play 3 days later, for whether the stock is up down or unchanged. This gives me a visual cue to look back at over time. I have noticed, for example in the current market, that a majority of my plays are up, regardless of the news being good or bad. For example, news that I would expect to knock a stock down for a longer period of time, doesnt. Come to find out the stock has actually risen over the 3 day period. This would tell me that the overall trend and sentiment in the market is positive. Giving me a cue that most of my plays or at least my invasion force trades should be to the upside. Doing this consistently should also help us see when the market is starting to turn.

Not sure if this makes sense, or if it is even something he intended for us to get out of it. Just an observation.

Let me know your thoughts.

Matt
September 24, 2012 11:27AM
What I have taken away from my news trades are (1) they are stock specific (2) don’t stay in them long and (3) look for a peak or slam in the trade.

I usually (there is no always in the market) can trade pharma off GOOD or BAD news. This is the ONLY time I consider trading pharma and the only time I use a news trade.

When good news came out about DNDN I played a PEAK play. (See 55 chart 11/18/10) In 21 minutes I cleared $1,800.00. I don’t trade in the direction of the news. Instead I use news trades to set up my peaks or slams as long as the stock is up or down $5 or is outside the Bollinger bands (on daily, 55, and 21) and has good volume. You then can take your peaks or slams to look for a put or call entry. If in the first 8 to 16 minutes it doesn’t start to move back into the Bollinger bands I do not trade. Generally those go sideways.

If you look at DNDN on the 55 chart on 8/4/11 (stock gapped down) you can see the difference in the charts. Note how it moved sideways compared to how it traded lower after the peak on 11/18/10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2012 11:29AM by Darcy.
September 24, 2012 03:49PM
Hi Darcy,

I remember that you said that you love to play the gaps. How do you play the gaps? What do you look for? It seems that sometimes it moves back to close the gap, and sometimes it continues in the direction of the gap. How can you tell which way it will go?

Donna
September 25, 2012 09:30AM
FIRST REAL MONEY TRADE AFTER LOSING MY BASKET A YEAR AGO!!!

I am not confident about this market right now, so I am leary about holding positions. I saw a true sniper trade glaring at me in the face. I slipped a position on Amazon at around 10:00. I bought 2 position for roughly $1500. I used my 55 as my Decision and the 8 as my action. I have a list of 20 areas I check before trading. Many are little things, but nevertheless, this is my system. I was able to check positive signals on 16 of the 20, so I felt confident that I had a very short lived trade. I bought at around 10:00 and sold for a $95 profit at 10:20. Not bad for a 20 minute play. I know $95 is not a lot of money, but for me, this was a major success. I have traded well on paper, but now it is time to put those skills through the test. As Gary would say, celebrate your win, walk away from it, and go fishing. At this point, i do not care if AMZN goes up another $2. I am out for the day ($90 richer-ha ha!).
September 25, 2012 10:16AM
Rookie look at your $95.00 this way... It took 20 minutes. If a kid came to your door and said they would cut your grass and that it would take them 20 minutes and all they wanted to do the job was $95.00...would that $95.00 seem like a lot of money then?

It isn't the amount. It is the fact that you got back into trading.

This is the worst market I have seen since 2004 as far as going up or down and then tearing your head off once you are in the trade.

I was talking to a fellow trader yesterday. He bought MC @ 9:39 AM; strike was $455.00; stock was $455.58 and his Put option was $9.05 asking. An hour later the stock was $453.00 (and change) but his put option bid was $8.05.

I think the problem was he bought the first Monday after QUAD witching. I have noted that QUAD witching does options really weird. So I usually wait until Wednesday after a QUAD witching. I have bought on a Monday or Tuesday after a regular expiration but my gain would be very small usually.
September 25, 2012 10:58AM
Donna,
First thing I do when I have a gap is to see if it is at least $5.00 either way. If not I do not mess with it. If it is I then mark it with my ray line using a dash in bright red. I mark the top of the candle at the close of the day before, the bottom of the candle at the open of the next day and the center of the gap. I use these lines as support and resistance. I mark the height of the gap spread with my line segment in measurement of 2 –black. I scroll back on my charts (daily, 55 and 21) to see if there were other gaps and how the stock reacted and I measure them with my line segment to see if the current gap matches. These lines are usually on my charts from where there had been a gap before. If the candle is on the Bollinger band (upper or lower) I use my 21 chart and wait for the next candle formation to see if the second candle will remain on the Bollinger band. I am looking at the rhythm and flow of the stock.

I look for volume. Low volume on the stock no trade! Third I look for any news about the gaps (earnings? Good news? Bad news? Etc) All this takes maybe 3-5 minutes. I will then watch my 5 and 8 minute chart to see the movement of the stock. If I am way over sold or over bought in the 5 or 8 I know I will have a pull l back.

The purpose for those 3 red dash lines as I said is for support or resistance. If a stock hits the center line and it then continues to go in the direction of the gap you have a continuation. If it goes through that center line it will generally go to the third line before changing direction. If it continues to fall or rise never testing any of those lines it will go up or down for days or weeks or months. If it gaps and goes up or down for a day, or 2 or 3 and then gaps the other way…you have an exhaustion gap and the stock will continue in the direction of the exhaustion.

Look up INVESTOPEDIA.COM and look under gaps to read more. It takes time to learn gap trading and you will get a feel for it. Then you’ll just know.

BTW know that eventually all gaps close but that could take years, months, days, hours or minutes.
dsa
September 25, 2012 07:59PM
CONGRATULATIONS ROOKIE,
Just think about down the road when you are putting some zero's behind that 95. Again congratulations!!!!!!
September 26, 2012 03:34AM
Gary is teaching again. He has Survival Weekend Classes about once a quarter. They are $2500
and are held in Raleigh - Fri Sat Sun. I have heard they are awesome.
September 26, 2012 06:08PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel really good about my knowledge and strategies. I am still cautious, but will stick with my system. I had another profittable trade today. It was more profittable than yesterday. I appreciate having the knowledge to trade up and down. There is money to be made almost everyday-just gotta have the time and ability to make smart decisions.

A key indicator that I use that has worked well for me is, I NEVER trade if the DOW is only up or only down 20 points. Technically, if it is green 20 points or less-NO TRADING FOR ME! If it is red 20 points are less-NO TRADING FOR ME. If the broad market is not sure which way it wants to go, I definately do not want to gamble on trading against him. Give me Barney Fife! Again, this is just one of my indicators that give me confidence in trading in the right direction. I have developed 20 indicators. They are not all technical, but I have questions I ask myself before going into a trade. It is important to develop your personalized system. I am not as sharp with this as Darcy or some of the others, but I have a system that is working for me. I try to learn from them, but I have to stick with my style and practice other ideas or tactics. Find what works for you. There are so many ways to trade well- find what works and stick with it.
October 13, 2012 07:46AM
I received a mailing from Gary that he reduced the price of his Survival Weekend class in Raleigh from $2,500 to $1,500. It is open to anyone, not only to previous students.
October 14, 2012 11:38AM
Where can I get more information about these classes in Raleigh? Did his email provide a phone number, email address, or website?

Thanks,

Donna
October 15, 2012 05:09AM
try this telephone # 252-985-0189
October 15, 2012 08:02AM
The address he gave to send checks is:

Gary R. Williams
P.O. Box 10
Sharpsburg, NC 27878

This is the email if you want to pay with a credit card:

wsbrandic@gmail.com

Deadline is October 29th.
October 16, 2012 05:07PM
Thanks for the information.

What are the dates/times for the class?

Donna
October 16, 2012 07:25PM
November 2-4. Friday 7-11 pm, Saturday from 9-7:30, Sunday from 1-7:30.
Survival Weekend I
November 05, 2012 07:57PM
I took Gary's Survival Weekend I class this past weekend, and I would like to encourage those who need some guidance to take this class. He lowered the price to $1500, and I think it will stay there. It is one of three different survival weekends, meant to be taken after a few months of successful trading following the preceding one. It is a pretty clear set of rules, quite different than the old 1-5 and he stated that it (and the other two SWs) replace that class. I found it to be a pretty conservative set of rules and I think this is key for newer students. This class is extremely valuable, in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2012 08:21AM by jslavell.
November 05, 2012 09:54PM
Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear the class was valuable.

I heard he was tenatively scheduling the next class for early January. Did he mention anything about the upcoming schedule?
November 06, 2012 09:41PM
Here is the schedule he handed out:

January 4, 5, 6 Survivor weekend #1

February 1, 2, 3 Survivor weekend #2

May 31, June 1, 2 Survivor weekend #1

July 12, 13, 14 Survivor weekend #2

September 6, 7, 8 Survivor weekend #1

October 4, 5, 6 Survivor weekend #2

November 1, 2, 3 Survivor weekend #3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login