Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

FYI

Posted by BigMoney 
FYI
April 08, 2014 02:00PM
Gary's own charting system

[www.alchemcharts.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 02:04PM by BigMoney.
Re: FYI
April 08, 2014 02:08PM
so...how much does it cost? I don't see anything listed under pricing.
April 08, 2014 02:24PM
I believe its still in the BETA phase. No clue on price.
April 08, 2014 02:24PM
yeah I checked it out also. I signed up thinking I would get an email about pricing, but nothing has shown up thus far. Looks like a cleaned up version of Qcharts.
April 09, 2014 10:56PM
I would bet it's going to cost over $200. Another way to suck the money from everyone. It is sad. Reminds me of the "Wolf of Wall Street". If you have not watch it, I would recommend it. It was based on a true story. Selling Dreams to people. Is it me , or does that sound like someone we talked about here? Bo
April 10, 2014 06:47AM
QuantShare.com

If you go there and sign up you can download it for free. Only free for 7 days thought. Another forum member found some interesting stuff concerning QuantShare, but I'll let them decide if they want to post it.

It's not what I would consider a "user friendly" program, but once you get it setup correctly it won't matter. The software is built to be customizable and it marketed to many different vendors to "tailor" the application to their customers or members. Basically GW is building the "black box". Probably intends to market to students, and fan club. Pretty much the same as he does with his Qcharts workspace. This is just an extension of that really. The images on the website are sharp and clutter free. I like clutter-free, but anything that cost more than zero is too much for me right now:-) I wish him luck with it. I've got my doubts about longevity though. Remember what happened with the other website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2014 07:13AM by RichieRick.
Dan
April 10, 2014 07:15AM
Doing some internet sleuthing on quantshare produced a link to a press release from the company that came from Tunis, Tunisia. Unless the company's communications executive was vacationing in Northern Africa at the time, this seems like an odd place for a software firm to be located. Also, from what I can find, alchemcharts appears to be a one man shop run out of a townhome in a residential neighborhood. I hope this venture lasts longer than the Achiever's Choicequest web site!
April 10, 2014 01:40PM
The designer/owner is to demonstrate it at this weekends RTP class.
It is to incorporate some features that only exist in Gary's world.
To make it easy to learn and play back trades.
Also 7M7 is incorporated into the package

The ART takes time and energy
Keep it positive and share so as others can find their style and comfort zone of trading
April 10, 2014 01:53PM
>Also 7M7 is incorporated into the package

what is 7m7?
April 10, 2014 04:20PM
The website has mysteriously disappeared. I sense a disturbance in the force. Maybe a spy in our midst :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2014 04:22PM by RichieRick.
April 10, 2014 04:40PM
What the 7M7 ? Is that the first middle last? Interesting that the site is down Bo
April 11, 2014 04:10PM
I've found some figures for this stuff.

Apparently the QuantShare software has a lifetime license for $245 bucks. So instead of 250 a month for Qcharts, it basically a one time purchase price of $250.00 dollars. Of course there may be some mark up if you obtain the software with the "pre-built" workspaces. Aka Alchemcharts.
April 11, 2014 04:23PM
Never mind. It appears that there servers crashed and they had to restore the data. Any new user that were created within the last few days were lost. The guy said to just re-create the account and it should be fine. It's working now:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 05:21PM by RichieRick.
April 15, 2014 08:29PM
Re: www.alchemcharts.com, here's the WHOIS data on the domain owner:

Domain Name: ALCHEMCHARTS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1823704942_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: [www.godaddy.com]
Update Date: 2013-08-26 14:47:40
Creation Date: 2013-08-26 14:47:40
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-08-26 14:47:40
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: email@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Michael Rutledge
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 4225 North Carlin Springs Rd
Registrant City: Arlington
Registrant State/Province: Virginia
Registrant Postal Code: 22203
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: 7574696736
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: email@gmail.com
Registry Admin ID:

Name Server: NS77.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS78.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: [wdprs.internic.net]
Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-04-16T01:00:00Z
April 16, 2014 09:43AM
bojiggle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would bet it's going to cost over $200.
> Another way to suck the money from everyone. It
> is sad. Reminds me of the "Wolf of Wall
> Street". If you have not watch it, I would
> recommend it. It was based on a true story.
> Selling Dreams to people. Is it me , or does
> that sound like someone we talked about here? Bo

I WOULD NOT recommend The Wolf of Wall Street unless you want a lot of cussing, nudity (which could sell it I suppose) drug abuse, lying, cheating, boiler room smoke and down right boredom. The wolf of Wall Street is based on the take down of Jordan Belfort who is hard to belief even in his own book. Belfort ran a pump and dump scheme. Scorsese simply Hollywooded up the book and BTW Belfort NEVER worked on Wall Street.

I would recommend GW unless you do not want success, positive feed and a cheap educaton on how to quit a 9-5 job. If you want that realize that to do what GW teaches takes WORK and a lot of it. If you think this will come easy rethink! If it came easy GW would charge a lot more than what he does.

The results all depends on Y-O-U not GW. I think some of these GW haters ought to start their own site.

BTW THANK YOU GARY WILLIAMS FOR CHANGING OUR LIFE FOREVER AND FOR GIVING MY S/O AND I A TOTALLY DIFFERENT LIFE.
April 16, 2014 10:20AM
AMEN, Darcy!
April 16, 2014 08:10PM
I agree Darcy!!,!,

52trade
Proverbs 4: 20-22
April 21, 2014 04:44PM
The alchemcharts website appears to be down again. Maybe they're just making updates or something.
April 22, 2014 10:05AM
I received 2 emails from Alchemcharts. One on Monday and one today. I won't be using this product if I can't build my E charts and I will send them that information. These charts will only have what GW teaches. I like using what GW teaches along with my Echarts. For example today using Echarts I enterd the Q's off the 1 minute Echart using the signal on the 21 @10:04 sold @ 11:02. Bought @ $1.37 and sold @ $1.41 with purchase of 40 contracts. I am done for the day just too tired.

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014
Subject: Re: cost

Hi Darcy,

AlchemCharts is designed with the sole purpose of catering to students of Gary Williams. He fully endorses our mission to create an application that best suits his teachings.
AlchemCharts will have all of the great features you need to follow Gary's trading techniques as well as many new features to streamline your focus and improve your trading ability. Some of the new features include:

Build in Earnings and Splits dates and results.
Candle stick pattern and Home Run Fat Pitch recognition
Synced Go To Date and chart navigation
And much more.

We have not yet set a price, but it will be comparable to other charting tools, such as QCharts. We are looking for a mid summer release.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
AlchemCharts Support Team

[I asked about the release and if I could also build my own charts as well as having at least six charts all visable at the same time. Here was my response]

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Subject: Re: cost

Hi Darcy,

We will let you know when we have released AlchemCharts.

You can create as many charts as you would like on the workspace. However you will not be able to build your own unique charts. When you add a chart to the workspace, it comes preloaded with all of the indicators and parameters that Gary uses. If Gary does not use it, AlchemCharts will not have it. We believe this is the best way to keep students on track and give them the best chance for success.

Regards,
AlchemCharts Support Team

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 04:17PM by Darcy2.
April 22, 2014 12:24PM
More food for thought. Thanks Darcy for posting that.

I've been playing around with the QuantShare program. QuantShare is the base program that Alchemcharts will be build on. Basically they will take the QuanShare program, and customize and tailor it. Then they will lock it down, and sell it as a complete package. Having it streamlined and tailored to his teaching would certainly aid him in describing the processes he goes through. I assume at some level it could be made sort of "idiot proof". Ya know; click here sort of stuff.

It appears that alchemcharts will basically be stripped down and locked down. Which is fine if you want a streamline platform without all the other stuff you will never use.
Considering that there pricing will be in line with programs like Qcharts, it sorta pushes me away. If I could afford Qcharts I would just keep using that :-) I do think it is an interesting product.
April 22, 2014 01:52PM
RR, Yes they've Emailed me several times today asking about my charts. I inderstand about the cost.

S/O just said you can't beat the price of SD!grinning smiley But then how long will it be there I asked him...so he said to me tongue sticking out smiley

If they included Echarts I am in but if not I am with Qcharts (Esignal).

I am glad to know someone is starting up something that will help a lot of folks. I want everyone to do very well. I'd say folks are just going to have to wait for the pricing. I think it will be a great idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 02:01PM by Darcy2.
April 22, 2014 01:57PM
SD may not be around forever, but I would imagine that Think Or Swim would be around a lot longer. Can't beat that price either :-)
April 22, 2014 01:59PM
Free is a wonderful thing. That's why we like being invited to dinner!cool smiley
April 22, 2014 07:05PM
If I recall correctly which I'm pretty good at. He said several times over the years that this WAS NOT A BLACK BOX thing yet I just read Darcy email that she got a response from that now it a black box thing. Just a observation. Thinking out loud.
April 22, 2014 09:43PM
I think that you are correct Big Money. I remember him saying that all of the time. Now it is a black box thing. Interesting. Bo
April 23, 2014 04:53AM
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but enough is enough.

Every time I turn around, It's some type of money grab and then you still can't find anyone making any money. Just rumors and fan club people that seem to be shills that are trying to get everyone else to feed the money machine. !-5 laid the ground work for a lot of work that will pay off, but to keep going back for more and more money out of your pocket is ridiculous.

The few experts out there that do trade for a living and teach, tell you to never give anyone any money that does not have a proven track record with verified real money trades. It amazes me that we are so desperate to be successful that we can also be gullible. This includes myself, but after awhile you realize that success lies within you and there are some people out there that will help you for a lot less than thousands at a time.

I respect everyone who participates in this forum and I wish for everyone who attempts to do this to succeed beyond there greatest dreams. But, this is only my opinion... you can take it or leave it.
April 23, 2014 12:32PM
djp18....Yes it can be much-o bucks if you are looking for that quick answer. So allow me to say....there is NO quick answer. One persons teachng is as good as the next fellows just more expensive.

I don't blame GW for adding classes and charging more for them. It isn't his fault people didn't study and read as he told them to do. I remember in 1-5 when GW would call for a break people rushing up front to get free information. S/O and I never did and personally I always thought those that did were using GW rather than he was using them. Even in Denny's where he offered information I think he came to realize that as long as he kept that up people would suck the life right out of him. Eventually I think he learned his time and knowledge was valuable.

I remember when we had meetings at our house with fellow traders who took GW's class. We'd get together and discuss our trades have lunch and encourage each other. We'd listen to the CD's and discuss charts and the book we all were reading together. As time went on and in less than 2 months that group went from 10 to 8 to 4 to 2 (the 2 being S/O and I). Why? Because the money wasn't fast enough compared to the amount of time it took to learn IMHO.

Any way...one in our group came back to visit after about 6 months and became extremely upset when he saw S/O and my charts. He just knew somehow that we had gotten inside information about DE/RTP because of something we had drawn on our 'study' and because we had the books "Outliers" and "The Tipping Point" in our bookcase. He insisted we had gotten this from someone taking DE/RTP. We had not.

He became furious with GW because we had learned what he had paid for simply by studying. We stuck with GW's 1-5 read, studied, practiced examined charts and the patterns of all the studies...Stoch RSI, MACD and the Directional Movement...charted splits, earnings, and gaps marking them on our charts with lines and how each of the stocks we studied reacted in the zones. We reminded each other why we were doing this rather than taking vacations. I'd stay up to 3,4,5 in the morning going over charts, stocks, reading and back testing. We've been at this 9 yes 9 years now and I can say this...last year PAID OFF and that came from GW's charts and S/O's discovered E charts...BTW Echarts I have given freely on this bb.

Now comes along someone who worked with GW to build charts designed just for GW's study and way of trading. I think this is a GREAT idea and if they ever offer our Echarts with this I am in like Flint (sorry old saying I learned from my brother).

Here's how I see it....We spend less on qcharts than I do on a weeks worth of fuel for one of the trucks used in S/O's business. We make less in S/O business in one week than we do in trading for one week. We made a 6 figure income last year in trading for about 2-4 hours a day and a 5 figure income in a business that at times takes 10 hours a day 6 days a week which S/O and I have to work if the employee can't.

I accept your opinion djp18 but the money grab thing only happens to those who accept the premise of more information makes for better trades. Good information makes for better trades IMHO. Good information isn't always free.
April 23, 2014 04:52PM
I have been a quiet observer of this forum for several months and appreciate everyone’s insight. I thought it was time to chime in regarding the new GW class structure and charting program. My interpretation is that several individuals in this forum have pieces of information from which others are trying to draw conclusions so I thought I would offer my two cents. I am not a privileged “GW Fan Club” member, have never been to his house, and have only communicated with GW directly via email on 3 or 4 occasions since starting this venture back in 2005. I have struggled like many others at times and certainly nowhere near the level of Darcy. That said this program does work if you have the discipline to follow it, practice as instructed, and do the work.

To Darcy’s point about someone getting mad because they thought she obtained inside information when she added lines to her chart. Guess what, - she is right. I had the equivalent of DE lines on my charts a year before taking DE. I didn’t have any rules in place but I had read about something similar to what GW teaches in the DE class and started testing. Also read every book I could find on all the indicators we use. I even had a friend that was a DE student look at my charts and wanted to know where the lines came from. After I told him his only comment was “keep doing what you are doing – you are on the right track”.

As for the new classes here are my thoughts. If you are still struggling after a few years of trying to do this then ask yourself what your time is worth? If you have already taken DE then the Survival Series is dirt cheap as a retake. The general content is the same but GW teaches it differently. I must say he gets better as explaining as time goes on. As he stated in Survival 1 the old class structure provided you the Legos and pointed you in the right direction. It was up to the student to do the work, practice, and learn over time. The new class is very structured. You actually get “here is exactly what a trade looks like”, the rules for entering, rules for existing, and plenty of examples of entries/exits. Keep in mind nothing works 100% of the time – he still preaches that. It is all about the law of averages and trying to put yourself in the best possible position for a trade to work, knowing when to book profits, or exit with a small loss.

Regarding the charting program this is my understanding based on GW’s comments in the new 2014 RTP class and the student that is developing Alchemcharts (he provided a demo a couple of weeks ago).
• Student wanted a better charting program, was tired of known Qchart issues, and approached GW with the idea. For full disclosure GW apparently has a small stake in the company as stated in class. They bought the original source code from QCharts as a starting point. It is solely my opinion that student probably approached GW for the capital to acquire the code but only my opinion.
• The goal for the final product is to make the learning process easier for anyone taking GW’s courses. There is no black box or secret that will take the place of intelligent decision making and discipline.
• I believe in one of the threads someone mentioned giving everyone a nugget by saying he likes to see the lines between the candles. Guess what? There is a button that you can click that removes everything from your chart except the indicators (toggle everything except indicators on and off). Remember, it is all about the indicators.
• There will be a FP/HRFP indicator similar to what you guys are doing in TOS and TradeStation. Again, the indicator is meaningless if you do not know what a trade actually looks like
• Earnings date, split dates, etc will be incorporated in the charts so that you do not have to keep up with dates.
• The chats will automatically highlight earnings windows, Super 6 time periods, etc.
• Charts will flag key candle reversal patterns used by GW
• Ability to set alerts to fire when MAs or BBs are hit (similar to other charting programs – no more guessing on where price will be when it hits your target)
• Eventually there will be add-ons that help 7M7 research and a practice simulator that picks a random symbol and time period. The simulator will keep track of your performance so you know if you are getting better.
• All charts will be preloaded with GW settings and charting timeframes.
• No more system lag, symbol bleed, etc.

There is more but those are some of the highlights I recall. Pricing is will be similar to Qcharts. Here is where the discussions diverge. Both agreed the initial package will be designed for GW students and are open to suggested feedback. One of them suggested that over time there may be another version for traders that are not GW students offering some of the indicators (noise as GW calls it) that GW does not use. If that is the case then there is the possibility that you may be able to create your E-Charts in the future.

That was probably about 5 cents worth smiling smiley  I cannot remember everyone but a special thanks to Darcy and BigChartTrader as your posts generally resonate with me.
April 25, 2014 12:49PM
I can't believe they're considering keeping the cost comparible to Qcharts when you can setup TOS with identical settings for free. We shall see.....
April 28, 2014 08:32AM
I want to present my position on this as well because my success in this has been as signficant for me and my family as anything I have ever done in my life. My postings have been farther and fewer between over the past several months. I think I have helped some people, but I feel my style has deviated from what most are being taught. Some discount that money can be made in very small quantities, and quickly add up over time. My humble opinion is, if a person is "really broke", the basic format of 1-5 can damage the confidence and create an amount of fear that is unbearable. Again, this is why Gary tells his students to not trade money that you cannot afford to lose. Well, for me, it would have taken years for me to get to a point of having $2500 that I could not afford to lose. In the process, I crafted and developed an intraday style (with the help of others on this forum) that allowed me the opportunity to make a couple hundred a trade, but the rare loses averaged only about 75-$100 a trade. My trade size was $1500 -$2000 a trade (10- 20% profits). Now my trading size is $5000-$10,000 with 10-20% profits or more. Eventually, I want to increase my size of each trade to 20- 30K. With that being said, my trading approach has changed because of the big push in GARY'S 1-5 class to read, read, read and study, study, study, and practice, practice, practice. If you buy into EVERYTHING he asks you to do as a student, you WILL succeed at this. If you cut corners and want to learn your way, then you deal with the results. As most other successful students, I did the darn work. All of it! I gave it all I had for 2 solid years. With most things in life, you will fail a time or two. I was no different, but i did not stop working and start complaining. I continued to believe in the concepts and continued to work. I made a few changes that catered to my personality. I made those changes through my studies based on the books Gary recommended. I am almost positive there are some things I do that were taught in the advanced courses, but I have not taken those courses, and honestly, it does not matter. My goal is to reach retirement choice by the time I reach 50. I am 44. I am well on my way.

As an adolescent, I worked from sun up to sun down in 100+ degree weather, cropping tobacco, loading watermelons, cutting okra, picking peas/beans, etc and was paid $20 a day. As an adult, I tried everything, attempting to find ways to make an easy dollar, but nothing ever worked well for me. When I ran accross Wall Street Basics, and all this guy is saying, work hard, study, practice, and give it time, and you will be successful, I was interested. When I saw a student of his teachings making hundreds of thousands a year, I was intrigued. I had nothing to lose. How can anyone who has received a high level of success doing this ever blame the man for trying to reach a higher level of success in his business? This is a business for him also. I assume all of you have aspirations in life to better yourself through trading, 9-5, retirement, or whatever. Come on, we cannot slap him in the face for wanting to improve his financial position-or increase his income through a charting program. God knows he has made Qcharts millions! I started with Qcharts because GARY SAID IT WAS THE PLATFORM HE USED. Guess what? If I am a new student and Gary says, his new platform will enable me to reach a fraction of the success he has reached, I AM BUYING THE DARN CHARTS! In this country, people will use you for your money, knowledge, time, energy, and mistaken your kindness for weakness. Wall Street Basics changed my life! Wall Street Basics enabled me to send my son through private school, pay off all of my vehicles and become debt free accept the house, and build a 6 figure basket- ALL IN THREE YEARS! New students, if you are willing to "Go all in", by blocking out the haters, working like you have never worked before, investing in what you are being taught-including buying his charts, you will find success as so many others who read and endorse Research Trade Technologies.

Quick story. I met a neighbor who trades for a living-if you can call it that! He has spent 21K on training. He had a nest of more than 300K. He now has 51K. His account deminished to this level in 2.5 years. If you call that trading for a living, NO THANKS! We talked for over 5 hours. He is depressed and honestly, will probably not continue "Trading for a living". This guy has been beaten down so much, so many times, until he has no life left. He has what it takes, but he is afraid. Can you believe he has paid 21K in training and has basically lost his entire retirement account, and he has no job? He is living off credit cards (borrowing from Peter to pay Paul). This is a sad case. When I listened to some of the crapp he has been taught and have gone through, I was blown away, and literally brought to tears. I could not suggest Gary's course to him. He is too messed up from bad experiences. Before I start looking at Gary Williams as being money hungry, I cannot help but think about people like this who have lost it all. The guy works really hard and understands everything he was taught, but the crapp does not work, and some of it makes not darn sense. He could have been a mult milllionair-if he could have been blessed to have Gary Williams step in his life as some of us did. Just thought I would share.

I am onto my charts.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login