Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

What a roller coaster ride!

Posted by Darcy 
What a roller coaster ride!
April 26, 2012 10:36AM
Whew! CF has been an Ocean Tide up the stairs. I missed the $10 move up…outta town for a long vacation and left my lap top at home. Man that would have been some change in the pocket. eye popping smiley

Right now I am watching CRUS. It has good volume, moves well and piggy backs off AAPL. IMHO it needs a pull back before I consider a call.

I love to see stocks that pop huge, pull back and then climb back up. That is one of my favorite trades. I don’t get the first money but I get the safer money so I will be watching ISRG. Sometimes if it looks good I grab $$'s on the pull back.

What the heck happened to CMG? What nobody likes Burritos anymore or did someone finally say it is too expensive or too hot? hot smiley

I also like LNKD and am wondering what effect Fackbook IPO will have on that stock?

That’s what I am up to anyway.tongue sticking out smiley (I just like this smiley so I thought I'd use it)
Re: What a roller coaster ride!
May 01, 2012 12:44PM
Thanks for sharing. Good stuff!

Looks like the overall market is now trying to make another run up! A couple more weeks of Earnings Season remain before summer time trading begins.
May 02, 2012 04:56PM
As a new trader, this transition period has buried me. Wow, when it change, I felt it. I cannot get anything right. I should have seen it coming because there were warnings everywhere. Also, I lost focus on the importance of identifying changes in Trading Zones and Market Calendar. SMH- This took me for a loop. Now, I am trying to learn how to successfully trade during this period. I was having a lot of fun during the fall and winter, but this period is REALLY, REALLY HARD!!!
May 03, 2012 11:50AM
I have found in this zone if I trade like I am in the Summer zone I do better. Volume makes a huge difference.

I seldom hold over night and I use the 55 chart for trending but my 34/21 chart for trading. (add the 34 + 21 and you get 55) I also do not trade earnings trades during this zone AND I stay with 1 - 3 different stocks. The talking heads got AMZN and AAPL so wrong it wasn't funny. I generally turn the volume down (way down) on them unless I see "Breaking News" pop up on my TV screen.

I also added a 5 moving average to my charts. When it glues to the 10 I look for a move up or down depending on which side the candle closes on my 34 chart. I also use the 21 using these moving averages to make sure I am reading my 34 right. If they are not reading close to the same I do not get in any trade. If they are confirming the 55 I may stay longer in a trade but NEVER over night in this zone even if the trend is going my way.

This trading zone is very hard. Always has been but for some reason this trading zone has always brought me the most money very fast. My trades may last 15 minutes. I get the "chunk in the middle" and leave the rest for the fish to eat around.
May 03, 2012 01:25PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
I have been simply lost. I have been trying to trade as I did during the previous zone. I guess you know what what happens when you trade off the wrong charts. I must learn how to add the 5-day moving avg. to my chart. I will contact Q-Charts for help. I will take time to disect your comments and try to learn how to navigate through this zone without emptying my basket (already close). I will continue to practice until I get it.

The moves are so small and they make violent reversals. This is killing me! I have to work on my entry because if it is not precise, I get butchered by the end of a day. I will take all the help I can get. I have been looking at the 233 for the trend and trading off the 55. I will definately move to smaller charts. This zone seems to be more science and less art. I know news drives everything, but on a basic day to day run, the candle formations, patterns, and developments are critical to successful trading?

Thanks again for all the help.
May 11, 2012 05:17AM
I have diligently studied during this tough trading period. I have finally started to see and clearly understand some things. One being, most stocks react dramatically to negative news, but does not act as aggressively to positive news. That is a clear artistic indicator that we are clearly in a season to buy Puts. I have done well over the last week by concentrating on indicators show downward movement opposed to trying to make plays going up.

Another area of focus is trading off the correct chart and not expecting to ever get more than a band to band on 55. Actually, I have recently focused on band to band on 34-if possible. Moves are small and quick. The candle approaches, size and movement around the moving averages tell a story. I am not really good yet, but I have been about 80% in the green this week. A couple of weeks ago I was 80% in the red. Darcy's posting help me tremendously. It really help me think outside the box I was trading in. I have truly been humbled by this trading zone. I just hope my good luck turns into solid trading strategies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login