Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

RTT CF TREND TRADE

Posted by Darcy 
RTT CF TREND TRADE
March 05, 2012 01:37PM
According to RTT CF is down 6 out of the last 6 years from 2/27 to 3/5.

I got into CF today March 5. CF gapped down on the open and was out of the Bollinger Band.

I jumped on this one PDQ however because of the Chinese growth concern causing problems in the commodities, the RTT information, and this is one of my favorite stocks to trade. I like it more than POT.

I purchased 5 March 185 PUT contracts = $3,30.95 right at the open about 9:36. I watched the 21 chart for a sale point. I used that chart because this was the one the candles were hugging on the Bollinger Band the most which for me meant that the lower band would carry this stock down further.

On the end of the formation of the last red candle on the 21 chart I noted how small the candle was which lead me to think the trade down was over or nearly over because the momentum was slowing. I got out when the candle threw out its next line or at about 11:36/11:37 around that time frame. I sold my 5 contracts for 10.25 = $5,139.95. My profit was 69% or $2,099.96.

Well now I have paid for RTT for at least a few years! cool smiley
Re: RTT CF TREND TRADE
March 05, 2012 02:22PM
Awesome trade - congrats!

Also looks like that 1-week CF down trend will be sucessful for 7 years in a row...
March 05, 2012 02:34PM
I have loved CF ever since POT did their IPI. I use to play POT often but for me CF has made some really good money.
Put that one in your basket and make a note!

Thanks BTW.
March 08, 2012 11:17AM
Darcy,

Thanks for the insight on CF. I entered a practice play this morning. I have noticed that when this stock gaps up or down, it appears to run fairly agressively in that direction. I bought it on the open. Well, it was predictable (this time) and popped really nicely after the open. I stayed in until it appeared to flatten out-after that huge, red candle on the 21. It will probably run a little higher, but I did not want to test any resistance since I was "Happy in Seattle". Thanks again for the tip. I have recently started trading real money, but I have not found a stock that I like enough to call it "My Stock". I admit, I am really liking CF. It is affordable, moves well- but not violent, and seems pretty solid. I tried trading Bidu, but it seemed to have no patterns or formations I felt comfortable continuing to trade. Apple has been my cash cow, but it is pretty expensive and makes me a little nervous because of size of my trades. The stock I have traded the most has been (Fossil) FOSL. It has met my needs. I will continue trading fossil because it is very tempermental. It moves very well with the seasons. DARCY- Thanks again!
March 13, 2012 02:20PM
A few years ago when I first started practicing I traded an old standby. At one time it was a little over $89.00 a share. I had to build up my real trading account to $5,000.00 saving a little here and there and depositing it into my trading account. As I did that I practiced, practiced and practiced, read books that had been suggested and re-read them highlighting information, and listened to every thing from CNBC to Bloomberg.

I even ordered magazines relating to the stock market. If I didn’t understand a term I looked up everything I could on Investopedia. I would go to Youtube and see trades other traders made. I jumped out and started trading real money after 1 year. In less than 6 months I lost $2 grand and became fearful. So I decided to read all the mind books again and again and again. In the mean time my stock that I loved trading virtual kept getting higher and higher and higher. I kept building my trading account back with a few dollars here and some there as I kept practicing. I started trading real money a little while ago.

I trade about 3 to 4 times in a month. My favorite practice stock? AAPL which I seldom trade…go figure. You are welcome for CF. I have friends who trade this stock everyday off short charts and make anywhere from $200 to $400 a day. I like FFIV too. I’ll take a look at your fav…maybe it will end up one of mine too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login