Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Morning gap, Darcy

Posted by NYCSB 
Morning gap, Darcy
November 10, 2022 09:15AM
Curious how you’ll play the gap today, what you’re looking et specifically.
I’ve got a few on my radar that I’ll wait on retracement.
Re: Morning gap, Darcy
November 22, 2022 11:55AM
Playing the gap for me depends. Gaps can depend on the news, where moving averages are, and volume of a particular stock. Out of the BB's doesn't always mean the stock will retrace. There are occasions when the candles pull back into the BB's and continues going up. That's when I look at the moving averages and oversold positions on the 21, 34 and 55 chart. If they are not yelling "trade" I leave it alone. Example look at 34 chart of NFLX Nov 10, gapped up and kept going up. However, 8 chart shows a pull back before going on up just using the candles. This was an obvious call after it pulled back on the 8 chart. Indicators said it was. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? smiling smiley This market has been so weird IMHO so I have been using my 8, 13, 21 and 34 for entry IF I have room to move in the direction, I will be trading on the 55. I am still only in a trade between 5 to 40 minutes. Today 11/22/22 I am watching ZM. I have found I watch much more currently than I trade. I was too busy yesterday to even look at charts, but ZM had the perfect pinch for a down today on 11/21/22. Thus far volume in this market stinks and it is needed for a good trade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login