Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Hum So many things to point out after reading some posts

Posted by Darcy3 
Hum So many things to point out after reading some posts
July 30, 2018 03:31PM
1) For those of you who think Qcharts is no longer available...wrong. Esignal is keeping Qcharts. I just had to download Qcharts on my new laptop. I wore my old one totally out, so much you can hardly read the A key. Burial to follow shortly! cool smiley
2) For those of you who think you need every bell and whistle on Qcharts...wrong. You do not. You do not need everything GW has. Only keep what you use. Qcharts will tell you what you use. Yes some trading platforms give free charts but for S/O and I we have found they are limited therefore we like Qcharts because they are unlimited. We can have charts if we wanted for every single minute of the trading day. (NO we don't) I can have hot lists for every single thing I can think of and unlimited quote sheets. I read on here where someone had something like 100 stocks or something like that. With Qcharts I have thousands and thousands of stocks but I only have about 12 I use. It IS NOT how many stocks you have. It IS what you do with the one(s) you watch.
3) For those of you who think you need 4, 6, or 8 trading screens of 17+ ...Sorry but I have to sort of grinning smiley. You have bought into the lie of more makes better. More makes a room HOT! S/O and I have had friends who thought they needed 4, to 6 screens and in fact we have had a friend who had 10 in his basement! Impressive? Yes. Expensive? Yes! A better trader? No. For the most part S/O and I trade on a 17" lap top on our dining room table. Lately however because S/O needs spinal surgery he is in a recliner and I am in my office with my OLD work horse and 2 17" screens.
4) You do not need every study known to man to trade well. In fact many good traders use 1 study that suits them. I have seem some that don't use any except moving averages. Pick what time frame fits YOU! If you work a day job you CAN'T trade like S/O and I. You will need to learn longer charts. Moving averages will still work for YOU! Just pay attention to your stock and which moving average(s) are the strongest on the chart you follow.
5) GO TO YOU TUBE! GO TO INVESTOPEDIA! Find something or someone there that will spark that thing inside you that says "OH MY GOSH I FINALLY GET IT!" If you don't find it by 5 years you may be someone meant to BUY and SELL stock NOT trade. My younger brother was like that. He couldn't trade options because he would hang on to losers and sell his winners. But stocks..OMGosh! That he can do! How? I have no idea. He has tried to teach me and I JUST DON'T GET IT. See what I mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 03:38PM by Darcy3.
Re: Hum So many things to point out after reading some posts
July 30, 2018 08:55PM
Great to see you back, Darcy! I love the " You do not need every study known to man..." cool smiley

One point of clarification regarding the 100+ stock. I think a lot of people, my self included, originally took this out of context when we first heard about it. The point is that some of the original 1-5 students got so focused on "expert stocks" that moved absolutely nowhere that they started forcing trades that were simply not going to move. Or they were once good movers and now dead but the students refused to refresh their list. They assumed that if they got good at knowing these snails then they could trade them whenever, wherever for the rest of their life- NOT!! Another misconception is that the felt like if they became "experts" they could trade said stocks simply by hearing the news. That was never part of the program. You were supposed to get good enough you felt confident to trade the news on the experts but ALWAYS make a chart based trading decision.

The 100+ is to give a trader more opportunities. Unfortunately students felt like they had to continually look at all 100 each night. They started making up trades or felt overwhelmed. Once you start to be able to read the charts you know without hesitation that a trade is simply not going to materialize in your chosen time frame so you move on When folks that are trying to trade the new style finally listen to the trainer, they realize that 100+ list (in my case it was 150+) gets whittled down to maybe 15 to 20 good, possible opportunities each week. Those go on your watch list for the week and he teaches how to how to filter You have about 10 or so that constantly rotate on/off your list each week because they are the hot trading stocks at the time (stocks you probably trade daily using smaller time frames). The rest come and go. Some only move during certain times per year. The 15 to 20 is kind of a high number around certain times. My list was probably 8 to 12 total on my watch list per week. The intent is to always be looking at what's moving RIGHT NOW and focus on a small, manageable list containing stocks that appear to be setting up.All that said, there are those times when, say, when the market crashes during late STZ into FWTZ (as we all know). It is possible for 30 to 40 symbols to all be setting up at the same time. Then you just have to choose.

Best of luck to you and glad to see you back offering words of wisdom!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 09:00PM by NCTrader.
Re: Hum So many things to point out after reading some posts
August 02, 2018 12:16PM
In S/O's and my GW 1-5 class the only thing students asked was the OEX. Now don't laugh but the stock I liked was KMART. Yep I traded that thing in Dec as Sears was buying it. Yep a News trade and I did well. Not bragging just this suited me. My first real money trade was AAPL. About my 8th or 9th was GS. I lost GS and I took it out of my basket because I found I was always looking at it and nothing else.

What I have learned about trades is trade something you generally understand. AAPL is easy to understand because you see them out there everywhere you turn. My friend traded TIF. She likes blue. (Some will get that smoking smiley) She traded that for a while and when she made enough she bought 100 shares. She kept this up and owns quite a bit of TIF stock now. She started trading TIF when it hit about $56.00. Diamonds are something she understood. All I know about diamonds is I got one when I got married. I got a pair of earrings on my anniversary and I never wear the earrings. I am afraid they will fall off even though I have pierced ears. (Go figure)

When S/O and I took GW's 1-5 we weren't instructed to look at 100 stocks. We were instructed to look at the list he gave us and pick from that list about 10 stocks. The 100 I was referring to (and I won't mention the poster by name) was someone talking about that is how many they have and look at. I didn't get the impression that this was a new trader. I could be wrong.But if that is what a person wants to do I strongly advise them to get a scanner. You can get a free one, which is good from finviz and you can learn all about how to use it from youtube.

Finally any new traders if GW added to what he learned, which is obvious in his Survivor Classes, then is it not obvious that adding to what you learn can assist in better trading not adding an abundance of stocks? It does to me.

Yes our basket changes. For instance we use to trade BIDU often. We haven't traded that in years. We use to never trade the DOW but right now that seems to be the mover.

BTW NC Trader...hint STZ shark's teeth is great for what S/O and I do. (Use 8 chart for action...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 01:58PM by Darcy3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login