Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

1st Loser since July 23rd!

Posted by rookie30 
1st Loser since July 23rd!
September 06, 2013 11:19AM
I lost $400 this morning on Put trade on HAL. There is nothing I would have done differently, but as always, I will tear it apart this weekend and check all my notes and approaches. I hate losing, but since my last lost, I have made as much as some make in a year, so I can live with that. I guess I need to leave seafood alone for a while-lol!

I am looking at this trade now and......ok.....I went in a bit early- on my 9:56 candle, and I am hit with this damn meat cleaver at that 10:09 candle! Sorry for the language.....I had my "E", ADX, Broad market deep in the red, MF was flat-but not a problem, below the 8MA and 50MA. OK, as I look at this thing, the one big peice is, it had not broken the previous day's low- Damn, Damn, Damn! Sorry again for the language, and sorry to share all that with you, but hopefully, you can see how these critical processes are analyzed. One mistake on small charts, and you could be left squealing like a pig- just like that! Hopefully, I will not have a losing trade for at least twice as long. I will respond to the PM's this weekend.

Have a good day!
Re: 1st Loser since July 23rd!
September 08, 2013 04:40PM
Rookie looking at your trade on a 3 "E" chart your trade started between 9:42 and 9:45 (action).The 5 "E" chart confirms. The 10 "E"chart shows the trade setting up on 9/5 @ 3:40 - 3:50. You had a pull back on the open 10 chart as far as the candle but the moving averages remained in the down position which simply meant that your put option would have been cheaper. When the bullish Hammer pattern showed up on the 10 "E" chart @ 10:am it was a warning that the position was going to change. (See this pattern set up in Market Makers Edge page 148) Also watch that money flow line. Below 30 is pretty low already. That could signal a pop up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login