Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Seasonal Heat Map 1 wk outlook

Posted by mtut 
Seasonal Heat Map 1 wk outlook
February 10, 2012 09:47PM
I have been working lately on corrdinating the RTT stocklist with my chart signals (which are composed of two seperate signals). Today, I got 24 short and three long signals using the RTT list.

The longs were ASEI, PFE, and MGM. Those do not match any current RTT signals. The only shorts that match are MSFT and CREE. MSFT is listed as a strong sell on the Seasonal Heat Map 1 week outlook and CREE is not highlighted in RTT

I entered a practice short on MSFT at $30.50 and CREE at $28.35

Don't see much else. If you follow the market calendar theory, the market should start a decline next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2012 10:02PM by mtut.
Re: Seasonal Heat Map 1 wk outlook
February 12, 2012 11:11PM
The overall market has had a nice run up for a while now...seems to be due for a pullback, as the market calendar suggests. But it just seems to keep going up each day (it was down some on Friday, but not enough to break the up trend yet)...I'm expecting a pull back soon, but not sure when it will start.
February 13, 2012 10:46AM
I am in total agreement with what has been stated. I jump AAPL this morning. I was pretty upset with myself because I did not stay in through the weekend, so I made an impulsive decision and jumped it this morning. Well, when I jumped, I quickly figured out that the stock was not going to continue moving up as it did on an open last week. I lost a "brick" and got out with the small loss. A solid lesson learned. The market will give you what it will give, so I must understand, when I have missed the trade, move on. Do not try to jump a trade that is not there. I did not have enough signals telling me it was a good entry or trade. I will devote the next week to practicing and breaking down this loss. I am pretty bombed and disappointed because I know better. I broke the rules!!! Sorry, but I am simply having my little "pitty party". You guys are motivation to me. I have practiced for my year, but things are so different with "real money". I have not had many losses, but this one was just "stupid". Keep writing guys about your experiences. They really help some of us amatuers.
February 13, 2012 10:29PM
Shorted CREE at $28.35 yesterday. Closed today at $27.64 gain of 2.5% Might find resistance at $26.89

Shorted MSFT at $30.50 yesterday. Closed today at $30.58 loss of 0.26% Still might go down from here.
February 14, 2012 11:07AM
mtut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shorted CREE at $28.35 yesterday. Closed today at
> $27.64 gain of 2.5% Might find resistance at
> $26.89
>
> Shorted MSFT at $30.50 yesterday. Closed today at
> $30.58 loss of 0.26% Still might go down from
> here.

Both plays looking great today with the market pulling back a little!
February 14, 2012 09:27PM
Covered my shorts on MSFT (sold 30.50 purchased 29.92) and CREE (sold 28.35 purchase 27.18). Both found support at moving avg.

Also entered long position on HD yesterday at 45.93 up .13 at close but hitting upper bollinger band.
February 15, 2012 07:59PM
HD indeed did retreat from the upper bollinger band. I exited the trade with a small loss of .12
February 16, 2012 08:55AM
mtut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HD indeed did retreat from the upper bollinger
> band. I exited the trade with a small loss of .12

A good move, given the proximity to the upper bollinger band. HD has been going up since October, and could still move in that direction. But at least in the short term, the probability of going up a lot isn't great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login