Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Gary's Webinar

Posted by Traildoc 
Gary's Webinar
August 03, 2015 03:10PM
I was wondering if anyone on this forum tuned into Gary's charting seminar he held the other week? I think he offered an hour and half of charting discussion for $75 Anyone care to share their thoughts. I had planned to attend but missed the payment deadline.
Re: Gary's Webinar
August 03, 2015 05:28PM
Have not heard anything about this. Does he have a website up again?
August 03, 2015 06:19PM
No, it was announced in Survival 2 and an email. Supposed to discuss charts 1-2 times/month, 90 minutes per webinar, cost is $75 per each. No obligation, attend and pay per session.
August 03, 2015 09:12PM
The value of the webinar is based on current level of education and previous experience studying the charts. A lot of the content I already knew but it was a nice reinforcement. Keep in mind that I have attended both old and new RTP as well as studying the charts for several years. A few new items were peppered in here and there. IMHO the first value proposition was the SLI examples. Gave clear examples as to why some were and were not SLI. If you are just getting started this would be invaluable. I like as many examples I can get to reinforce visually. Toward the end he walked through a charting example from 6/24 to 7/20 commenting every candle or couple of candles on 233 up through Weekly as to his thought process on what would happen next and why. He even brought the smaller charts into the discussion. This is not he first time he has done this but it is always helpful. For $75 and no on-going commitment it was worth it. He will be doing this once or twice per month on a pay as you go basis. The first few will always start with SLI examples to reinforce what is taught and then anything he finds of interest. No website. You must contact Brandi via email to get the info.

NCT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2015 05:52AM by NCTrader.
August 03, 2015 09:46PM
NCT,
What is Brandi's email address?
August 04, 2015 06:04AM
Email address: wsbrandic@gmail.com.

One final caveat regarding the charting webinar. Please remember that GW's style is not technical although I do think he has a good grasp on reading his charts. There is a technical component to consider and we use the charts as tool in context of everything else that is taught. We are also expected to do the nightly / weekly work to develop the "art" over time. Both of these are needed to be truly successful using his style of trading. Think as the webinar as a lab to support the class.
August 04, 2015 06:24AM
Last thought. I would also recommend the webinar to anyone that is trying to get better using GW's style but still struggling on how the charts work together. I remember having a conversation with my mentor and some other students when starting out about reading all the charts. What do you do when the 34/55 say "X" and you know with 100% certainty that "X" will happen over the next 4 to 8 market hours but the 233 / Daily says "Y" and the Weekly says "Z"? What if the Daily and 233 do not agree in your opinion and give conflicting information? In my original post I mentioned the trade example where he walked you through candle-by-candle from 6/24 to 7/20. At every decision point along the way discussing each chart and how the entire picture on your screen worked together. I still believe that would be one of the more valuable pieces for anyone starting out as it took me years to try and get a handle on all the moving pieces (still working on it). I also believe this type of example provides insight to some of the original forum members that posted about trying to learn this GW's way using big charts only to get burned holding a trade overnight and wiping out their baskets. These members consistently remarked that was the reason for gravitating to small charts. I personally have nothing against small charts. We each have to decide what is best for ourselves and families. If you want to get away from trading like a job and have more freedom then learning to use big charts 90% of the time is the way to go.

NCT
August 11, 2015 08:38AM
I emailed Brandi on Friday asking for information on the next webinar, but haven't heard anything from her yet. Anyone know when the next one is scheduled?
NMR
August 11, 2015 08:38AM
SW1 this coming weekend
August 11, 2015 04:00PM
I have been given a date of 8/20/15 for the next charting webinar, but registration has not started yet. If this is still the plan an email should be coming out real soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login