Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

ACI trade.

Posted by funkho 
ACI trade.
March 07, 2011 10:10PM
RTT turned me on to ACI as an upcoming trend. When I checked out the chart, I found this trade. I entered on 3/02 and exited on 3/04 for a 100% gain in the front month option.

This is a classic case on 'trading into a wedge'. Coupled with a trend line break to the upside. The RTT trend window had not yet started, but seeing this chart had me jumping in.

I followed this with a play on HAS the next day, again RTT pointed me at that trade as well. It looked almost identical.

By the way, I'm pretty excited to see RTT forums. I have been using RTT for quite a while, and I am looking forward to hearing how other people use RTT.

Oh and... First post.
Re: ACI trade.
March 23, 2011 09:24AM
i have not had a good trade i an trying to learn.
March 29, 2011 06:55PM
Traded BIDU

In trade 3/21/11 at abt 10:12 AM

Out of trade 3/24/11 on open

Used a 55 chart and moving averages to enter trade. Candle found support with all the moving averages I use. They are 200, 50, 20, 10, & 8. I do not use 8 moving average on charts larger than 55. All my indicators on the 55 chart gave me a solid up. (Indicators are Stoch RSI, MACD, Directional Movement. ) Daily chart was showing an upward bias off all moving averages.

Research Trade also gave all green for BIDU ….so thank you for even more confidence in the trade.

Closed position on a Daily chart when candle moved outside Bollinger Band. I knew pull back would be possible probably the next day or two. So I took my money and ran!

Would insert chart (I use Qcharts) but haven't figured out how to do that....Sorry smiling smiley
BIDU
March 31, 2011 12:11PM
Nice trade on BIDU, Darcy.

Regarding posting of the chart, be mindful of sharing the indicator settings. winking smiley I've heard somewhere it's OK if the numbers are blocked off.
Re: BIDU
April 01, 2011 10:06AM
Thank you for the reminder. It is probably best I do not show the chart. Since I do not know how to post one, blocking the numbers would be an additional "I do not know how to do that". grinning smiley
April 02, 2011 02:51PM
Funkho, good explaination on ACI trade. What chart software are you using?
April 04, 2011 07:56PM
The charting software I am showing there is freestockcharts.com It's a pretty good charting service. Although, I have been using thinkorswim recently, and I have to say that I am enjoying it much more now that I have gotten to know it better.

-Funkho
November 30, 2011 02:59PM
funkho and Darcy - great information on your trades - thanks for sharing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login