Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

NFLX

Posted by Darcy2 
NFLX
May 01, 2014 10:26AM
Strong money flow into NFLX caused S/O and I to really look hard at this stock. I can't say there was strong signals to enter this trade outside of the fact that money flow was so strong. So we rode the wave of the mney flow. I entered a little later than S/O. He enterd the trade when stock was 334.50 and bought his options @ 11.60 almost a dollar less that me.

I was looking at something else when he bought and then we disussed NFLX. I decided I'd go along with his call since I have never regretted doing so before. I dropped what I was looking at and bought NFLX.

Here's my trade...done for the day.

NETFLIX
05/01/2014 O STC NFLX May14 335 Call 3 $15.55 $14.95 $4,649.83
05/01/2014 O BTO NFLX May14 335 Call 3 $12.50 $14.95 ($3,765.06) 884.77
Total Realized Gain/Loss for NFLX $884.77

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 11:49AM by Darcy2.
Re: NFLX
May 01, 2014 11:27AM
So what caused you to exit and when did you get out.
May 01, 2014 11:45AM
The 200 movig average on the 55. I set an alert for $340.00 set my exit .05 higher and was out PDQ. So why would you have stayed in that trade...if you woud have?
May 01, 2014 01:07PM
Darcy, your 6th sense of executing these trades is inspiring, and proof that learning this craft is not only doable but there are many ways to see a trade if you know an approach that succeeds. Still looking for my approach, but I know I'm in the right place for help! Great to make a brick in NFLX with all that's going on--well done!!
May 01, 2014 01:47PM
Yes, NFLX was good to me today also. I made 25% on my option, and I'm very happy.
May 01, 2014 02:11PM
moinnorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Darcy, your 6th sense of executing these trades is
> inspiring, and proof that learning this craft is
> not only doable but there are many ways to see a
> trade if you know an approach that succeeds.
> Still looking for my approach, but I know I'm in
> the right place for help! Great to make a brick
> in NFLX with all that's going on--well done!!

You will get it. It takes time and a feel for some. NFLX happens to be one of my fav's along with AMZN.

RR smileys with beer

Nice trade down as well BTW. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2014 02:11PM by Darcy2.
May 02, 2014 10:42AM
I couldn't see the charts when I asked. I just saw the price had dropped a ton and was impressed with the in and out. Looking back now I see the 200 MAsmiling smiley I was out of town and was just watching the price action that day when I asked. Yep feel like an idiot when I asked without being able to see the charts....
May 02, 2014 10:51AM
I feel like an idiot when I CAN see the charts!
May 02, 2014 02:00PM
Excellent trade Darcy. I looked at your trade and my entrance/exit requirements. Woo ooo Weee! That could have been a big money maker for me-based on my trading style. I am not presently trading NFLX, so I did not watch it closely. I am happy you were one of the ones who got a nice chunk of the pie. I traded TSLA Monday, and was very close to pulling the trigger on LNKD this morning, but for whatever reason, I chose to sit on the fence. As we approach the summer, I will start trading more stocks, so I can pop at least 3 a week. I am looking for my next 4 figure trade-lol! I feel it is coming next week!
May 05, 2014 09:31AM
bugabig

Never feel like an idiot...ever. I asked because I wanted you to examine your thinking rather than mine. That was why I asked you,

"So why would you have stayed in that trade...if you woud have?"

It is one thng for me to show or explain and it is another for a person to examine a trade themselves.For all I know you may have liked a daily...weekly or a 233 chart...or maybe you saw something I didn't see.

My question wasn't to make you feel any other way except...Why would I stay in rather than leave...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 09:33AM by Darcy2.
May 05, 2014 09:37AM
moinnorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel like an idiot when I CAN see the charts!

Never feel like an idiot. Never...never....never...hum I must be Peter Pan in Never Neverland...smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login