Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

tesla trade

Posted by tpplayer32 
tesla trade
April 14, 2014 09:09PM
Bought tsla today(4/14) @ 14:19 Apr 14 put for 8.90 - 10 contracts ; sold @ 15:16 for 11.35
I am somewhat of a newbie so would very much appreciate any feedback on this trade. The market was up today but backing up in the afternoon. Also my big chart study the night before had me watching many stocks including Tesla for more downward movement. Was this a trade any of you would have made or was I just lucky?
Re: tesla trade
April 15, 2014 12:36AM

Was this a trade any of you would have made or was I just lucky?

I was watching TSLA most of the morning waiting for that setup. Unfortunately, I had to leave the house around 12:30 so I didn't get to see the trade.

No, you weren't just lucky. In my opinion, you traded that exactly right by waiting until you had momentum on your side---breaking down through yesterday's low, e-charts all around, and a slew of HRFPs. Perfect setup.

Congratulations on a great trade.
April 15, 2014 09:11AM
Nice profit and the E's had been giving a signal for some time. I can't say I saw a bunch of HRFP but it was clear looking at the charts that a chunck could be grabbed. So good trade.
April 16, 2014 09:02PM
I appreciate your feedback and for the help you guys( Darcy, Robert, Rookie, Mtut, BCT, and others) have provided me with your postings over the years. I have read every post and studied all the trades contain in them. My GW education was a good foundation, but I really struggled and ,full disclosure,quit for about 4 years, when my business started to overwhelm me.Three months ago I decided to make another go of it and the knowledge I've gained from this forum has finally helped me start to get a feel for making trades. I have a long way to go, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel. Again,thank you so much for your selfless efforts ; I'm quite certain many others on this site appreciate it as much as I.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login