Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Did anyone else trade TSLA?

Posted by Darcy2 
Did anyone else trade TSLA?
January 14, 2014 04:35PM
Sales on TSLA hit the news cycle and sales were great. The stock kept soaring and S/O and I jumped on board @ 12:30. Stock was at 148.92. We rode this trade till 3:13.

We entered a Jan 149 call (as you see .08 away from the 149 strike therefore out of the money) purchasing 10 contracts for $3.25. We sold for $9.35 when the option began to get a little wonky. Profit for me $6069.14...S/O's whose trades cost a little more $6068.96.

The action in this stock caused us to pay attention to it. Volume let us believe the stock would keep rising. At the time we did not know the news. TSLA grabbed the BB and just kept going. A strong ADX said the trend was in place and time to get in so we did; not off really any particular chart simply off the fact this stock was heading to the roof. We knew also we are entering the dart and monkey time according to GW. I decided I would be the dart...S/O could be the monkey!grinning smiley
Re: Did anyone else trade TSLA?
January 14, 2014 05:34PM
No, but I wish I had . Awesome trade for you guys !
January 30, 2014 04:21PM
I did this as a practice trade... im still in it... 1st exit would have been 1/16, next exit would have been 1/24 at open, practicing a new exit and my prediction work... waiting to see if it pans out
January 30, 2014 05:27PM
Awesome trade for y'all ! I did get a piece of LNKD this morning and threw another brick on the pile. As always, thanks for sharing.

Darcy, looks like most of that move occurred at the open. What led u to believe there was more in it at 12:30 when u entered. Just curious as to your thought process. Personally I would have been scared to get in that late after that large rise early.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 06:30PM by Traildoc.
January 30, 2014 07:16PM
Darcy, I just realized that your post was from Jan 14 th, not from today. Please ignore my last comments about how TSLA traded today.
January 31, 2014 10:00AM
Traildoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Darcy, looks like most of that move occurred at
> the open. What led u to believe there was more in
> it at 12:30 when u entered. Just curious as to
> your thought process. Personally I would have been
> scared to get in that late after that large rise
> early.

well I saw your post first before I saw your last one...so ignore this post!grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 11:19AM by Darcy2.
January 31, 2014 10:18AM
Touche'
January 31, 2014 10:31AM

I had answered your question before and then deleted it after I posted it. Two minds following the same thought...
February 20, 2014 03:33PM
I have been practicing TSLA. That movement on this stock is violent, but if I can catch it on the right side, I am smiling all the way to the bank. I have not missed it once in practice. I am almost ready to start with real money. One good trade on TSLA a week, and I can go fishing.
February 20, 2014 03:55PM
Take me with you, when you go fishing :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login