Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Forced to shift trading strategy!

Posted by rookie30 
Forced to shift trading strategy!
June 05, 2013 05:33AM
Good morning RTT family.....

I have had a lot of personal things go on lately that have forced me trade from big charts. I was recently informed that I will be transferred to another area in the city- starting on June 17. The move is considered as a status advancement. This process is really funny to me. They move me to take over another area, but the move is lateral. Needless to say, my job will be tough for the next couple of years. I appreciate the compliment, but I am very content and successful in my current position. I do not need change!

I have continued to follow the forum and study, but I have not been in position to practice during the day (live market). I will start seriously practicing trades using bigger charts, and hopefully be prepared to make a few real money trades within the next few weeks-maybe earlier. My approach has been very simple. RTT trends means more to me now than ever. It appears that in general, 4 week trends are pretty strong and accurate-regardless of the time of the year. Initially, if RTT is not showing that the historical trend is NOT going in the direction of my trade, NO TRADE. I am totally following Gary's approach to trading. I am going back through 1-5. I use the pairs of 233 or Daily as my trend, 34 or 55 as my decision, and 5 or 8 as my entry. I am mostly concentrating on Daily as my trend. I will not be in a position to watch the charts ever hour. I will be able to spend about 1 hour a day looking at charts or studying the breadth of the market.

I am forced to shift my mindset. It is pretty tough because I have always used very, very small charts to trade. I grew to be pretty good. Honestly, I am afraid, and hope I can do this. Trading is my life, so I am going to give this all I have. The mental shifts of thinking are playing a number on me, but I am "on it".

The change I recently experienced regarding being moved without any consultation is one of the reasons I have to make this trading thing work. It really feel as if I am owned by other people between 6-6. I absolutely hate that feeling, but what else am I to think. As I continue to practice and study, I will share my experiences with you guys, but most importantly, I am learning and trying to get a grasp on this new approach. Please pray for me as I face these challenges. Please keep posting because I might not respond as often, but I am still reading and learning from it all. Bigcharts,Trendtrader, Darcy, and other big/small chart traders- I will ask questions as I get stuck in the mud.

Thanks for listening to me rant a little!

Rookie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login