Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

CF Trade

Posted by Darcy 
CF Trade
February 02, 2012 01:00PM
On January 26th I decided to make a trade in CF. I had gotten a signal on my buy chart (8 chart) so I placed an order for 3 PUT, Feb 180 contracts. I bought @ $8.30 even though I had wanted a closer spread between my ASK and PUT (spread was 20¢). I generally don’t like anything above a 10¢ spread. It is just a lot to make up. I want my position to move PDQ!

There was no signal on my Daily chart for a PUT. In fact the trend on the Daily was up…way up. But I could see CF would fall and fall all day and when it moves in the option it moves very well. I bought off the candle forming at 10:05 and sold off the candle forming at 3:25 on an 8 chart. Look at open on 55 chart on 1/26 there's a shooting star (a signal) then a gravestone DOJI on 55 chart @ 3:55 a signal to GET OUT!

Lately I have been using a 55 chart to determine my trends/trades. This seems to be working better for me than the Daily, although I still use the Daily for trends. I also haven’t been buying out in time. I have been trading very close to the month we are in except the week of expiration.

I continue to listen to CNBC but it seems that lately they are talking more politics and Facebook. tongue sticking out smiley

Thank goodness for my Briefing.com and RTT. Love you RTT!!!! cool smiley

Anyway I sold out of my trade at 3:49 with a profit of $1,050.00 or 41.9%

BTW I only trade at the most twice a week and lately once a week..well since October 2011.
Re: CF Trade
February 02, 2012 01:47PM
Darcy - thanks for sharing!

I typical only trade off the daily chart because I can't watch the market closely during the day. On the daily chart, CF has been on a 6-week upward rise! Your trade is the perfect sniper trade on the 55/8 minute charts. Looking at the trade was great for me, since I usually don't look at smaller-interval charts.

I agree about the option spreads. I hate when they are more than 10 cents. Sometimes, I have seen lightly traded stocks with 30-40 cent spreads...which caused me to skip those potential trades because I can't stomach being down that much right away! smiling smiley
February 02, 2012 07:02PM
Thank you. I loved to use the Daily for a trend and then I look at my weekly to estimate how long I should be in. But to me it seems that the Daily isn't working well right now. The market has been so volatile that I have been using smaller charts, faster money and a day is as long as I hold.

I had been trading MA catching the PUTS. Take a peek at that 55 chart for MA. I smiled all the way to the bank. I got in on 1/03 at 10:22 got out 1/04 on the white candle @ 10:23. I then got in on 1/6 at 9:45 and got out on 1/6 @ 3:46. (I keep a record of my trades including the time)

I like to look at the stocks that hit a double top on the Daily because they seem to hit it and then pull back for at least a day sometimes longer. I also like trading Gaps and 52 week highs or lows. I don’t know but this seems to have been a very tired market and it needs an infusion! It was a sniper trade BTW.

Don’t get me wrong…I lose too but I take my losses fast and keep them to $50 - $100. Most of the time I hit closer to $50 because I try to keep my spread low.
February 03, 2012 09:39AM
I agree the Daily hasn't been working very well lately...I have found myself not trading much because of that.

Excellent trades going down with MA...the stock really got hammered a couple of days in early January.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login