Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

New to RTT

Posted by mtut 
New to RTT
January 31, 2012 08:56AM
Hello everyone,

I am new to RTT and hope to incorporate this reseach into my current trade routine. I usually trade options on one of two stocks that I have been following for the past two years using a five minute chart. My goal is to make around a hundred dollars per day. I wish to expand into trading off the daily and/or 55 utilizing the information provided by RTT. I believe that there is great value in practice and in the sharing of the corresponding results. This helps to validate the research.

On 1/30/12, I made entry on three LONG practice positions from the suggested "Best Trends" plays. I won't provide specifics at this time but will say that the bollinger bands were helpful.

LMT entry price of $81.92 Daily chart

AEM $37.68 55 chart

CLF $72.03 Daily chart

Will post updated results of high price achieved. I don't have a set exit point. Just watching at this time.

MT
Re: New to RTT
January 31, 2012 10:29PM
Welcome mtut! Thanks for sharing.

Knowing that AEM had very bullish upcoming Earnings trends, I watched for an entry (daily chart) for a couple of weeks ...finally got one on 1/25....and then exited on 1/27 when it smacked up against the Bollinger Band. It has since pulled back a couple of days...but could be setting up for some more UP for your practice play.
Re: New to RTT
February 01, 2012 02:11PM
I entered AEM off the 55 thinking I might get a little pop and it did but not much. The other two did well. I exited both trades today with a stock gain of sightly over 2% each. CLF actually looks like it will go higher, finding support on the mid bollinger band but I usually trade on the 5 minute chart and two days in a trade if long for me. Might hold on to AEM since it is just practice. I am only down .16

Trade results from entry on 1/30/12

CLF buy 01/30/12 $72.03
CLF sell 02/01/12 $73.56

LMT buy 01/30/12 $81.92
LMT sell 02/01/12 $83.60

Two good trades. Plan to practice more before using real money

MT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login