Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

BIDU

Posted by Darcy2 
BIDU
August 05, 2013 01:20PM
HRFP on 55 and 21. Esignals on the 10, 5 and 3. Bought 5 Aug 140 put contracts @ 10:24 AM for $5.55. Sold @ 11:38 AM for $8.45. (Also note RTT has BIDU down 7 of the last 7 years....Once again RTT scores smileys with beer)

Profit for today $1447.86

Something new I added to my E charts is a Bollinger Band in very light blue length 1. It almost fades into my background. In this "fast" time I wanted to see where the candles were on my E charts. I noted that BIDU on the 10 E chart was riding the bollinger band down. Candles will ride a bollinger band up or down as long as the candles do NOT stray far from the band. PLEAS NOTE I SAID....as long as the candles do not stray far from the bollinger band.

I have been noticing that if the candles get stuck on the bollinger band the stock will ride that band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 08:28AM by Darcy2.
Re: BIDU
August 05, 2013 08:50PM
On Friday, I bought deep in money calls on AAPL. I sold this morning for a good profit. I rarely hold over a weekend, but Apple was the first stock I traded, so I am pretty familiar with how it moves and what makes it move.

I also bought puts on BIDU today. I rarely make more than 1 transaction in the market within a day. Since I was only selling a position that was held overnight, I made an exception to my rule. I rode BIDU down based on classic signals. I live for days like today. My signals were very similar to Darcy's, so I will spare the details.

I have started to buy much bigger positions and deeper in the money. My profits per trade are about twice the amount as in past. I am much more cautious and observant. A loss could be painful, so I am focusing on getting in on momentum and getting out when I sense any weakness. I am very happy with 10% based on the size of my trades. Fortunately, by going deep in money, and larger size of trade, profits are still 20+%.

Welcome back Darcy!

New folks- keep working and studying. One day it "just happens". Hard to explain, but veteran traders totally get what I am saying. The harder you work the more likely it will happen soon. I worked like a mad man, lost everything and kept working. After 1.5 years, I had that light bulb come on, and trading became more clear. At that point, I knew without a doubt that this business will change my life and life of my family. I finally feel like i can provide anything my family needs- anything! I make more money trading than i make on my primary job. That is a good feeling for a person who borrowed money to initially fund his account.

Have a good week!
August 06, 2013 08:22AM
Thanks for the welcome back.

I use between $2,500.00 to $5,000.00 for trading. S/O uses twice that...or more. He's a gunslinger though and I run the boarding house! grinning smiley

I make between 25% - 100%+ on my trades and I am happy with that.

Searchng this morning for those signals.

Congrats on your success. I am very happy 4 u.
August 06, 2013 09:40AM
I rarely get over 30%, so you are really good at knowing when to exit. That is an area that i am aweful. When I am over 20%, I will run for the hills, if I see glimmers of a reversal. Most of the time, I bail too early, but have learned to be happy with that. I tend to get blistered when there is a slight reversal signal and the option price changes and wipes me of about 15% of my profits. What I am experiencing is, the stock price might drop very slightly,but that option price plummets, sometimes leaving me with only about 10% profits when I was at 20%. Since i have exited when I get a glimpse of a reversal, I am able to keep a much larger portion of my profits. Bottom line is, I suck at knowing when to exit.

I am presently in CF and watching closely. My profit margin is more than 2x the amount I have ever collected from a trade. I want to hold because i have no reason to exit, but my heart is telling me take the huge profit and live to trade another day. Guess what? Because I hear Gary's voice saying, " When you are up 100% or Happy in Seattle, get out. Well, after I finish this post, I am trading out and going to the woods and scream to the top of my lungs!!

Thanks Gary W for teaching WSB. Thanks Darcy for being an excellent mentor to all of us. Trading is changing my life everyday!
Re: E-Charts
August 06, 2013 04:03PM
For a signal on an e-chart, do you look for the sma5 and sma10 to be crossing the sma20 at the same time?

I sat my chat to signal when either the sma5 or sma10 is crossing the sma20 and the other has crossed in the same direction.

Also, do you trade the sma50 crossing the sma200 on the 55 and 21 charts?

Thanks,

MTUT
August 06, 2013 09:56PM
I do not trade the cross. I trade the "E". If going up, I look for the 5 over 10-10 over 20. If going down, I look for an "E" with 20 over 10-10 over 5.

A large part of my trading is based on momentum. It is not an absolute must for me to have an "E" on my trend chart for me to place a trade. My main chart is a 13, so the 55 is my trend chart. If I have a good "E" on my 13, and I have a solid trend based on candle strength from my 55 for that trading day, that stock is worth analyzing. I also look for strength from the end of the previous day. I start searching for other signals that could prompt me to place a trade. I look at Gary's 55, 34, and 21. If I have an "E" on the 13 and 21, I am gaining more confidence. If I have the broad markets driving strong in my direction, I know this is a potential trade. If the stock has broken the previous day's high or low, I am starting to salivate. If I clearly see that the futures 21 and 34 minute charts are showing solid movement in my direction, my fingers are getting ready to push the button. If the directional movement line is pointing up and the money flow is in consistence, I pull up my brokerage account. I check the news and RTT for more signals. If the news says nothing much about the stock, that is good news for me. If RTT shows any trend that appears to go in my direction, I have a second, solid trend indicator. On my Seasonal Map, I look for Pink or Red within my stock- if I am buying puts. I look for any resemblance of green for a call. At this point, I have totally loaded up on indicators and the chance that a trade goes against me is very small. I do not look for all day runs. I just need 10% gains or more. I am very happy with a 10% gain because I invest/risk approximately $10,000 a trade. Fortunately, my gains are much more- around 20-30%. I do not like being in a trade for over 3 hours. Overnight scares me, although I will do it, if I am very confident in the stock.

The 50 and the 200 are used as guides for me. If all MA lines are in formation, I find that trades are very solid and much more predictable. When that 50 or 200 are floating above the other MA lines, I find trades a little tougher to pinpoint and/ or run as anticipated. Nevertheless, I have found with sound guidelines and indicators, the 50 and 200 do not negatively impact my trading. If they are on the bottom of my MA Chart, I have added confidence in my trades. It is important to know how strong those two MA lines are. When I start seeing all lines converge, I stay away from that stock-unitl I see clear separation.

Sorry, I get "long winded" I hope this helps.
Re: E-Charts
August 07, 2013 07:58AM
mtut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For a signal on an e-chart, do you look for the
> sma5 and sma10 to be crossing the sma20 at the
> same time?

No I do not look for them to cross at the same time BUT I do want them both to cross.

>
> I sat my chat to signal when either the sma5 or
> sma10 is crossing the sma20 and the other has
> crossed in the same direction.
>
> Also, do you trade the sma50 crossing the sma200
> on the 55 and 21 charts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> MTUT

On my 55 chart I use the Gary Williams signal...Christmas Cross. I use the 50 and 200 as support and resistance.
August 07, 2013 04:58PM
Thank you both for your reply. I am building my charts to include your settings and thoughts so that I can test them. I have created a setup that displays in a custom column, a signal when the 5 or 10 has just crossed the 20 and the other (5 or 10 that has already crossed) crossed in the same direction. It also includes a column to show a hrfp on the 55. I also added a line to show the previous day's high and lows.

Will start practice trading these signals tomorrow and tweak the charts as I progress.
August 08, 2013 02:17AM
rookie30
On my Seasonal Map, I look for Pink or Red within my stock- if I am buying puts. I look for any resemblance of green for a call.

That's a new one on me. What the heck is a "seasonal map"? Is it something on the web, or part of your trading software? Which software?
August 08, 2013 08:22AM
rufinatti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > On my Seasonal Map, I look for Pink or Red
> within my stock- if I am buying puts. I look for
> any resemblance of green for a call.
>
>
> That's a new one on me. What the heck is a
> "seasonal map"? Is it something on the web, or
> part of your trading software? Which software?

Seasonal Heat Maps are offered by RTT when you are a member.
August 08, 2013 09:15AM
Darcy2
Seasonal Heat Maps are offered by RTT when you are a member.

Thanks, Darcy.

I'm still trying to get consistent enough with the trades in my oh-so-tiny basket to justify another trading expense. From the postings here, RTT seems to be a great resource.
August 08, 2013 09:30AM
If you were with RTT the seasonal heat map for WLP was 90- 100 percent up. Today from the open to now WLP moved $1.30 up.

This is not one of my regular stocks.

Right now if you can't afford RTT (about $12 - $13 a month) search stock related seasonal heat maps. There are some free ones but they aren't nearly as good as RTT's.

I fully understand facing trading expenses....believe me when I say I do. Been there but it does get better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2013 09:31AM by Darcy2.
August 09, 2013 12:08PM
RTT is the some of the best dollars to spend! You get sound facts-not opinions or what you want to see. You see what actually happened 1, 2, 3, or more years ago-during the exact same window of time. I have started to trade much larger positions, so it is important to use all indicators available. Gary talked about the time it took to go back and flip through charts to find trends. As I mentioned when I first joined RTT, this site saved me hours and hours of research. I was killing myself, trying to find trends.

When I was learning to trade, I would have losing trades and could not figure why the trade went against me. Well, many times when looking at RTT, it would glare in my face that historically the stock has gone in the opposite direction. Not blowing RTT's horn, but I value the facts that are provided. I
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login