Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Market Journals

Posted by ChairmanFaust 
Market Journals
July 24, 2013 08:39PM
A bit of a rookie question here, I know I'm to be keeping a market journal, and I would like to. I have no idea what I should be keeping track of... GW was very vague on this concept and said its different for everyone. Being a non-creative type I'm wondering if anyone can point me to some basics, examples, etc so I can get started. Is it something you go back to frequently to reference for things or is it a write it an forget it kind of affair? I'm already writing down my 5 day forecasts for 2 stocks a night as homework... would a blerb about the market that day work? possible trades? things I've noticed? all of the above?
Re: Market Journals
July 25, 2013 09:50AM
in my mind, it's just a blurb that states what may have made the Market move that particular day.
TCB
July 25, 2013 03:02PM
Hi, some of the things that you can record are the Dow, Nas, S&P closing prices and net for the day, trading zone that your in, earnings or warnings season, what month and quarter we are in, and what reports came out today or whatever you saw that moved the market or affected it. You can also highlight the corner of the page red for a down day, green for up, yellow for mixed or whatever color you choose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 03:04PM by TCB.
July 25, 2013 06:15PM
To answer your question about future relevance, GW says you should take the Market Journal to the little boys room when you visit for a while and read back over what you have recorded to keep fresh. He calls it history that you are living and how that impacts the market as well as your expert stocks. Since history is cyclical, the same types of events will have the same type of effect upon your trading.
August 02, 2013 09:09AM
Hello Chairman...

What I use is "Stock Trader's Almanac". You have calendars that allow you to make notes. It is loaded with information. You buy it each year. I get mine from AMZN.

Example...

My 2007 gave me a sector index seasonality table

There's information galore in these books and as I said they have room to write all the information you need while following the market.

I love mine.

Stock Trader's Almanac by Jeffery A. Hirsch & Yale Hirsch
August 02, 2013 10:45AM
excellent information, thanks everyone...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login