Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Crazy Things Happen!

Posted by rookie30 
Crazy Things Happen!
January 26, 2012 11:05AM
I recently started trading real money. The freakiest and most amazing thing happened. I bought Calls on NFLX 2 days ago. Well, I never stay in a stock through earnings, but NFLX slipped up on me, and I got caught riding through earnings. If you follow the market often, you will know that NFLX is up over 20% today! I am happy that I made the biggest profit ever, but I am very disappointed in myself because I broke a major rule and did not completely do homework on a component as small as checking the ER date. Again, the money is good, but I want to be a good trader. That was simply STUPID! It is almost embarrassing to tell this story, but since I more than doubled my money and did not loose every dime, I needed to tell someone. The reality is a simple mistake could have costed me 40% of my entire trading basket! I am staying away from real money for a week, and start back practicing, practicing, practicing.
Re: Crazy Things Happen!
January 26, 2012 11:39AM
Congrats - those calls must be somewhere in the stratosphere about now! smiling smiley
January 26, 2012 02:10PM
Ha Ha! I have always loved calls. When I am in a play, I am confident, but very wound up. I love that rush. The results of this one really moved my needle. I sold after being up about 3% from yesterday and 22% today. I do not see anything I like for a play tomorrow, so I am going fishing!!!
January 29, 2012 01:49PM
Good for you! Glad it worked out but I think we both know "someone" who would say you're being too emotional about your trading. It is what it is and it was good for you this time but you are right....cut back on your real money trading for a week (penance - LOL) and enjoy your fishing today!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login