Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Custom FP/HRFP Indicator for ThinkOrSwim

Posted by robert 
Re: Custom FP/HRFP Indicator for ThinkOrSwim
March 02, 2014 06:44PM
Hi Robert, I am former of student Gary Williams and trying to get back into trading; I have a TOS account and am struggling to get the charts set as I am familiar with QCharts. I have the charting parameters but don't know how to set them up. Can you help me? Thanks!
March 02, 2014 07:25PM
C1891
I have the charting parameters but don't know how to set them up. Can you help me? Thanks!

Have a look at this thread which explains which studies to setup and how to set custom time frames. [www.researchtrade.com]

If you have further questions just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to help.
September 30, 2014 09:16PM
Hi Robert,

Thanks for always sharing your wisdom and expertise. I've only started using some of your scripts and they're pretty much what I always use now. I can say that you've saved me from getting into weak trades.

Hey man, would you please share your latest (if any) FP/HRFP with the "custom_gapPaint" script?

Thanks a lot!
NMR
October 02, 2014 08:25AM
Robert- is there a way to put a column on the WATCHLIST that maybe changes color (or signals a HRFP or FP) when a HRFP or FP occurs on the 233?
October 06, 2014 07:11PM
NMR
Robert- is there a way to put a column on the WATCHLIST that maybe changes color (or signals a HRFP or FP) when a HRFP or FP occurs on the 233?

Unfortunately, no. Watchlist columns, or scans for that matter, are limited to the time frames you see below. The closest you could get would be a 4hr time frame.

October 10, 2014 11:19AM
hi robert, may i also have to other scripts as shown on the chart on the lower panels, cheers..

regatds,

chris
October 10, 2014 04:06PM
averllow
Hey man, would you please share your latest (if any) FP/HRFP with the "custom_gapPaint" script?

vavavoom
hi robert, may i also have to other scripts as shown on the chart on the lower panels, cheers..

I'm not really sure which scripts you are referring to, but I've posted almost everything that I've written in the (now very lengthy) Fun With ThinkScript thread. Just start on page one and look through there.

If you are just trying to figure out how to setup the lower indicators, then read through this thread: ThinkorSwim GW Chart Settings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 04:11PM by robert.
January 21, 2017 03:28PM
Hi Robert,
I just stumbled across this indicator a few days ago and I quite like it so thank you for all the work you did :-). However I was wondering if there is a way to add a sound alert when the lines pop up?
Thanks in advance for your time!
February 05, 2017 01:08PM
Thanks for this - truly nice work. Thanks for sharing!!! Hopefully I can return the favor someday!
March 03, 2017 11:36PM
@wycked, add the following coding to the end.

Alert(Fup or Hup, Concat(GetSymbolPart(), " ready to buy." ), Alert.BAR, Sound.Ring);
Alert(Fdn or Hdn, Concat(GetSymbolPart(), " ready to sell." ), Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell);
March 17, 2018 01:25PM
Appreciate all the contributions to this thread. Super helpful.
May 01, 2019 10:41AM
robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I have written an indicator which will mark the
chart when a FP or HRFP occurs.  This indicator
will work on any time frame chart...

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Robert, thanks again for all you, and others, have done over the years helping us with ThinkScript! smiling smiley

I've been using your "FP/HRFP Identifier" script for a long time saved as a 'study' on my '4 hour' chart. However, I've been racking my brain for weeks and searching through old posts and ThinkScript help pages trying to figure out how to add some additional specific code to the script, but have been unsuccessful.

Could you, or anybody, please let me know how to add/modify your "FP/HRFP Identifier" script so that the 'vertical lines' ONLY show on my one '4 hour' chart when the following occurs:

1. FP/HRFP on '4 hour' chart

2. FP/HRFP on the 'Daily' chart

3. "RSI" below 20 and/or "DIr" below 10 (for UP trades) and "RSI" above 80 and/or "DIg" below 10 (for DOWN trades) on the 'Weekly' chart

Figured I'd finally quit being so stubborn and just ask.

Thanks so much!!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 10:48AM by Dynamike.
May 06, 2019 03:45PM
You can now have custom time frames so you are not locked into the 4 hour chart. There was a time when you were stuck with the 4 hour chart instead of the 233 min chart.
May 06, 2019 05:47PM
Hey Richiesmiling smiley Yeah, I still use the ‘4 hour’ on the TOS mobile app and ‘233 minute’ on my desktop. Just been trying to figure out the correct script wording for the signals (vertical lines) to only show whenever there are certain things also occurring in higher timeframes (ie. Daily, Weekly).

For example, I only want the vertical lines to show up when I have:

- FP/HRFP on the chart I’m looking at (ie. 233 chart, or any chart lower than the Daily)

AND...

- FP/HRFP on the Daily chart
November 06, 2019 11:07AM
I stink at Script Could someone post the watchlist for FP/HRFP please I wouldnt know where to start .
November 18, 2019 03:52PM
Hi Robert,

New to this site. Your FP/HRFP I’m very familiar with. Im transitioning to TOS was hoping you might share the detail of your settings for BB, Christmas Cross* moving average, Stock, Rsi,......basically all that we had in RTP binder?

Thanks in advance
W.
November 18, 2019 07:24PM
See Robert's post:

[researchtrade.com]
NMR
December 13, 2019 03:28PM
on the DI line code above, if you want to add another line- say a super low line, and say you want it yellow, add this code to the bottom of the code:

plot trigger = 3;
trigger.SetDefaultColor(Color.YELLOW);
Re: Earnings trend research tab
April 23, 2020 04:46PM
Hi nimble/all

So I haven't traded/used QCharts since I stopped trading regularly several years ago.
I've been creeping back in the past few months but using TOS and trying to use the parameters Gary had us set up (I took 1-5 MANY moons ago, fall of 2006).
Can someone help me with the parameters as they are? I'm likely going to get back to QCharts after the night and day differences from what I recall the ease and relative experience with QCharts but I have no recollection other than my memory of how we had things set up.

Super grateful if someone can help out.
I've reached out to a couple of old bud's, both of which have left trading by the way-side.

Cheers
April 24, 2020 11:42AM
If you want the parameters you’ll have to get them from the source Gary. The people here are too busy making money to help and hand out those secrets due to an agreement. Good luck though!
April 27, 2020 11:27AM
Those NDA's have expired years and years ago. If you still have your 1-5 material (and you should) the settings are in there. Using the info on this forum you can find where/how to apply those settings in Think or Swim and Trade Station.

Yes everyone is very very busy, but everyone also remembers that they first came here looking for help. Back then this was/is the only place current/former GW WSB 1-5 students could come together and assist one another with technical issues like trading platforms and how to set them up without paying the RIDICULOUS fees from Qcharts while they were just practicing and learning to trade. This was back in the days of Qcharts and there was no such thing as AlchemCharts. In WSB 1-5 Gary used to insist that everyone "PRACTICE" for 1 full year before trading real money. Most people could not afford to pay an extra $150 or more while they were just PRACTICING. Those of use that are making money trading don't have that excuse any longer. smiling smiley

Yes this is a "By yourself thing" for sure, and no one hear gives or takes trading advice or ideas, but technical matters and help with setting up charts and indicators is a different animal all together.

Gary now recommends everyone to move to AlchemCharts. He is still on Qcharts. He as stated that once he is forced off of Qcharts he will move to AlchemCharts. At this point he uses both, but only to stay familiar with Alchemcharts should Qcharts shutdown completely.

I use ToS cause it is free, and I'm a cheapskate. smiling smiley If you fund your ToS account with 50 bucks or so you will get all Realtime data.

I have found that the data from ToS is much more accurate. I've seen large data errors between AlchemCharts data and ToS data, and always I have found the ToS data to be correct every single time.

Strangely though I have seen in the past that Qcharts and AlchemCharts have the same or very similar data errors which leads me to believe that they use the same data source.
April 27, 2020 06:46PM
@Acquire Currency,
Cool, I'll just text Gary lol. I too signed an NDA about 14 years ago. I will sort it all out, thanks kindly.

@RichieRick Appreciate the sentiment. Uff, I recall myself and a buddy each paying for charts that first year and only making practice trades, scrounging together enough money for our trading baskets on day 366! What a time and great memory. I still somehow really enjoy the homework! Haha
Anyway, a lot of scouring the site today and gaining great insight. Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login