Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Still practicing VZ

Posted by Darcy2 
Still practicing VZ
June 28, 2013 09:13AM
Virtual Trading...67% profit

VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
06/28/2013 O STC VZ JunWk4 50 Call 45 $1.06 $67.50 $4,700.89
06/25/2013 O BTO VZ JunWk4 50 Call 45 $0.61 $67.50 ($2,814.02) 1,886.87
Total Realized Gain/Loss for VZ $1,886.87

Entered a little after 2:07PM on 6/25 on 55 chart after gap closing and mid way through 200 ma on 55 chart. Because it was virtual I remained in trade during the sideways move thinking the stock may go higher after closing above the gap. Gap lines from 6/19, mid gap and close of 6/20 open became support rather than resistance.

Sold this morning only to reveal trade.

VZ seems to be a decent stock so far to trade. Volume is great for trading. Thus far I like it. At first I wasn't impressed but I am starting to like it.thumbs up
Re: Still practicing VZ
June 30, 2013 11:27AM
Darcy, Thanks for your post on verizon. I've been doing this for about a year now and am intrigued on a daily basis by the market and how it moves around. I looked up VZ after reading your post and saw your trade instantly! I had a couple of questions on it.

1. How did you come to be interested in verizon? In the past it didn't seem very volatile and am curious on your thought process to start checking it out.

2. VOLUME!!! Ahhh this just gets me everytime I'm in a trade... Why do you think vz is so heavy with volume during this time? Are there stocks that are like that all the time? I seem to be getting in trades where on averaged the volume is about 400k. These are in my workspace and GW's workspace.

Thanks!
Re: Still practicing VZ
June 30, 2013 12:46PM
Shannon S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Darcy,
>
> 1. How did you come to be interested in verizon?
> In the past it didn't seem very volatile and am
> curious on your thought process to start checking
> it out.

I checked VZ because of the spying news. I actually thought that news would bring the stock down. I liked the fact that most of the time the spread between then Ask and Bid was 1 to 2 cents. Much like the Q's you can buy a large amount of options. The option then only needs to move a little to make a good percentage.

>
> 2. VOLUME!!! Ahhh this just gets me everytime I'm
> in a trade... Why do you think vz is so heavy with
> volume during this time? Are there stocks that are
> like that all the time? I seem to be getting in
> trades where on averaged the volume is about 400k.
> These are in my workspace and GW's workspace.

I have just begun to study VZ. From the quote sheet I have on VZ the volume is always high. I have some stocks whose volume is in the 400K range but I have noticed they do not work as well as those with at least in the m's or very high k's.

What I like about VZ is the volume, the stock isn't high but it moves very well intra-day and the options move well when the stock does.

I really do not trade way out in time nor do I trade bigger charts. I do look at the 144, 233, daily and weekly but I do not trade off them since I really like a paycheck everyday. I look at the 144, 233, daily to see how the stock is moving, is there resistance or support or is the stock a bull or a bear. It helps me know which side of the trade will weigh best for my trade.

Most of my basket are stocks with m volume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 12:46PM by Darcy2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login