Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

RTT Profit!

Posted by Darcy2 
RTT Profit!
June 05, 2013 08:05AM
Yesterday S/O and I searched RTT stock list for a trade as we watched the market news before the open. We saw where DE was down 11 of the last 18 years reported by RTT.

So we looked at the DE chart when the market opened and jumped on 20 $87.50 June Put contracts @ $1.42 @ 9:55 AM. We sold later for $2.01 with almost a 41% profit.

The 5 minute "E" chart was screaming "PUT ,PUT, PUT, PUT!" 55 GW chart was HRFP. There was no doubt in my mind what I would be doing when S/O said, "I'm gettig in."

We are using a 5 "E" chart for entry during the summer.

RTT.."simply the best"!smiling bouncing smiley

HIH.
Re: RTT Profit!
June 05, 2013 08:57AM
Darcy
As always, thanks for your post. I'm a GW 1-5 and Advanced class student who stumbled onto this website a few months ago. I recently subscribed to RTT and am learning how to use the info. I am curious as to how or why you "zeroed" in on DE yesterday. When I pull up the Heat Map or the Best Trends , DE doesn't necessarily jump out at time, compared to others that might be showing a trend for 9 or 10 put of the last 10 years. Obviously you have to couple that trend info with the current evidence on the charts. Just curious as to your thought process. Again, thank you for your willingness to share.
June 05, 2013 08:59AM
Meant to say, jump out at me.
June 05, 2013 04:45PM
I’ll try to explain as best I can my thinking and why DE was my choice for a trade.

I really like stocks around the mid February that relate to planting gardens whether big or small. One of those stocks is DE…another is MON (which I traded today). There is also POT and AUG, just to name a few and believe it or not CMI. These 5 are my favorites. (POT not as much now as before it split off)

June of course is about the end of planting season so I expect these stocks to fall after rising from Jan to April or May.

Since I expected a fall and didn’t see anything on the DASHBOARD that interested me and nothing in my usual tech trades; according to the charts and the morning ticker that runs on CNBC starting at 8AM. I decided to look at what RTT said about my favorites that they have listed compared to what I was seeing on CNBC. Generally around 8:30AM I have selected 2-4 stocks I will be watching for a move. I have already looked at RTT and read Briefing and Yahoo finance before 8AM.

There wasn’t a lot about DE except the fact that I saw a gap down on the daily chart (May 5) which never closed and the 233 had strong resistance above the candles (the 50 and 200 moving average laminated) and what RTT said about DE in their stock list. The odds were 11 out of 18, which I thought were fairly good for more down when I combined all this information.

There were about 3 different stocks my S/O and I were looking at as soon as the market opened but when DE had a gap down on the 5 chart S/O and I watched it with little reason to look anywhere else.

BTW I have never used a heat map. I am a short term trader. Generally I trade in and out on the same day. There are a few times I have held over night. I went back and looked at some of my recent trades to see what would have happened if I held over night. Some of them I would have made $60.00 - $100.00 more and some a little more than that but I still like to get in today and get out today and call it quits until the next morning. I do practice longer trades for the purpose of doing W/O someday.

Glad you joined RTT...thumbs up
June 12, 2013 09:04AM
Darcy,
First posting. Thanks for sharing all the information in this forum, it has helped me elevate my trading.

When you stated changing to 5 "E" for summer trading zone do you use 10 or 21 "E" anymore? Or even GW 13 min? Wouldn't the 5 "E" give false entry sometimes?

Love this forum thumbs up
June 12, 2013 10:28AM
WATCH THE NET MOVEMENT FIRST. Net movement is faster than candles can paint.

What S/O and I use is a 1 to show movement, then a 55 GW for HRFP or FP, then 21 for HRFP or FP. Next look at 5 E chart. Then 10 chart for E. Then 13 chart for E. Then look at ADX for strength of move. IF all come together and are satisfied he gets in.

As for me I do the above but I also look at ability for movement. What I mean is if oversold in 21 but not 34 I MAY consider entering. If over sold in 21 and 34 I look to see if 5 E chart is going sideways....just like BIIB did on the 5 E chart. Look at S/O's trade today on BIIB on 5 E chart starting @ 10:06. S/O entered because of his signals AND because of the action on the NET. He saw no reason not to enter the trade. If you look at a 5 E chart you will see stock moving sideways but stock holding price and by 10:30 stock took big pop down.

I do not enter if over sold in 21 and 34 and/or 55....but S/O is a gunslinger. S/O traded BIIB @ 10:06. I did not enter because of over sold position on 21 and 34. There was still room for stock to go down however on 55 and since S/O is seldom in trade long he jumped and MAN he won't let me forget that one!grinning smiley
June 12, 2013 12:11PM
Thanks Darcy, I'm not a gunslinger yet. I like to place a trade when the stock is inside the BBs.
June 12, 2013 01:48PM
The 55, 34, & 21 all being oversold or outside the bottom BB would have kept me out of the trade as well. I can see his thought on the 55 having a little more room to go down though & since the stock gapped down - should probably expect some more down before bouncing. Take the quick profit & run. Looking at the Weekly on BIIB, there may be more opportunity to play PUTs coming up (though I realize the weekly candle is not finished painting yet).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login